wont start

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
i was driving last night back to work after a week of finally driving it with no problems whatsoever when all of a sudden the car starts dying out on me on the highway.i wasnt boosting it at all hard in anyway cause i just droped a jdm engine in it and was still trying to break it in with the new clutch and flywheel.i tought for some wierd reason maybe i just ran out of gas cause my sending unit was out and that is what it felt like.but i knew for a fact the i filled it up the day before.just wanting to make sure that wasnt the problem i got a buddy of mine to pick me up and we ran and got about 5 gallons of gas in it and stil no go.the car has a new battery that is still strong even after alot of trying to get it started so i know that isnt the issue either.after getting it pulled back to the house i checked to make sure it wasnt the headgasket and no milky stuff in the oil.no coolent loss either.i have tried to switch coil packs the igniter and even the ecu ith my other supra of the same year model.i know it is getting fire and fuel so the only other thing i can think of is make sure the timming didnt jump.other than that i am just out of ideas. any help wold nice or ideas on what it could be.

thanks

ubara86

Nov 6, 2006
LA
I have bad cps wires so every once in a while it wont let me start my car so i have to wiggle them. next time your trying to turn it on have someone wiggle the cps wires. Its a long shot but hope it helps.

evilone

Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
no codes are being thrown out and both my stock and autometer tachs jump to about 100 but no go. i rewired the cps wires with the one that came with the harrness on the jdm cause one of me wires was pretty much hanging on by a few strans on wire. it just gets me that it ran fine with no problems for a week and now nothing.

evilone

Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
well still no go after a half a days worth of thinking and trying all sorts of stuff.i guess it is off to the shop to see whats up.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
If it felt like you ran out of gas... maybe you did. How old is your pump?

evilone

Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
i know that it has gas in it because i put 5 gallons in it after it had died on me and the pump is pretty new mayby only 800-1000 miles on it.it is a walbro 255lph pump. the gauge on the fpr is reading around 45 right now.