Won't Start

integra08

Mar 25, 2009
Florida
I have a 92 supra with a 1j. At first I thought my fuel pump went bad but I replaced it last night and it still wont start. There is no power going to the pump. It cranks but just wont start. Can anyone help me with this?

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
integra08;1476590 said:
I have a 92 supra with a 1j. At first I thought my fuel pump went bad but I replaced it last night and it still wont start. There is no power going to the pump. It cranks but just wont start. Can anyone help me with this?

any codes?? if not open up the gas cap of the tank and turn the key to on position and listen if you hear a whining sound coming from the tank if so then the FP works...

kanji1jz

kanji
Jan 16, 2008
tampa fl
No power to the fuel pump.... do you basic first step to electrical: Check fuses, relays, double check your connections if something was just replaced, make sure the pump actually works. If all this checks out THEN repost.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, have you followed any of the above advice? It's not unusual at all for it to be something easily overlooked. ;)

Check your fuses, may as well check all of them while you're at it, sometimes things are related that don't seem immediately important, and if that fuse is out, then... Follow along so far?

Only problem I've had with it just NOT starting with mine is when the grease in the starter literally froze, but something tells me that's not a problem in Florida...

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
sounds like either EFI fuse or timing.. Any mods besides the FP before the disaster?

EDIT: ANY GAS IN THE TANK!?

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
what ecu are you running? if all else checks out, and you're running a stock ecu, borrow another one and swap that in... ecu's do fail from time to time, and may just not be switching on the fuel pump...

(ie, if the pump runs when you bridge the diagnostic connectors, and the relays seem good)