Wobling ckraking sound as I steer.Is it the axle?

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Some ckraking noice comes when im stering the car at slow sped. Also when I over steer, is like I hit under the car with a hamer (when i make a u turn). it feels like my wheels are gona fall apart. Also a eco wobling sound comes when i drive in freeway.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Joe;1286652 said:
Some ckraking noice comes when im stering the car at slow sped. Also when I over steer, is like I hit under the car with a hamer (when i make a u turn). it feels like my wheels are gona fall apart. Also a eco wobling sound comes when i drive in freeway.

To start if you would look over everything you typed before you push post reply, that would be great. This is not AIM.

Did you torque your lug nuts?

Is there a hollowing sound when you turn? Wheel bearing possibly. You also never said if the sound is coming from the front or the back.

I don't like playing guessing games. :cool:

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
there is a little plastic cover that hooks up behind the front brake calipers that acts a cushion when you turn the wheel all the way. they often get worn down over the years.
sorry if my description is bad but they are hard to explain
jack up the car and take off the front wheels and check to see what shape they are in. i have to replace mine ever 4-5 years
-pete

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
:icon_bigg
sneakypete;1287247 said:
there is a little plastic cover that hooks up behind the front brake calipers that acts a cushion when you turn the wheel all the way. they often get worn down over the years.
sorry if my description is bad but they are hard to explain
jack up the car and take off the front wheels and check to see what shape they are in. i have to replace mine ever 4-5 years
-pete

The problem is almost solved. It all was an issue with the upper control arm ball joint on the front left of the car. I took the car on a jack stand at my friends house.The issue was that as I turned the stering wheel, it felt like the wheels where going to come out. Now I only need to find the upper control arm with the ball joint(I will replace both sides). I whant it good quality, because I love my supra. Any one knows where to get after market upper control arms. Advice needed thanks.

Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Its called a ball joint.
There are no bearings in the upper control arm.

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Piratetip;1292140 said:
Its called a ball joint.
There are no bearings in the upper control arm.

Thanks man I typed this out last night.I was sleepy while tipyng.Next time I'll be fully awake.

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Piratetip;1292339 said:
:icon_bigg[/QUOT

I found the control arm from jic majic , but it says it is for a JZA70.Will it fit my MA70, they have the year of the car 87-92 .What is the difference.