Wiring help needed: ga70 with 1uz swap

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
hopefully someone on this forum is a ga70 wiring expert (peewee??) or can point me in the direction of a ga70 wiring diagram as the tsrm one just not cutting it.

im 99% sure after pulling out the auto 1ggte from the 1990 non abs ga70, these three plugs where the only plugs beside those in the engine bay which where unplugged.

i can make out the big square one as B1, and the smaller white one with only 2 wires (not sure why only 2 but the car is virgin) going to it as B2 but not sure what the 3rd 22 pin plug is.. guessing its for the dash which is NOT digital.

ive got a pretty comprehensive wirign diagram for a sc400 1uz which matches my loom color for colour so im pretty sorted on that side

here are the 5 plugs on the v8 side. donor motor is from a soarer without traction control. shit load of wires on the 1uz loom which hopefully i shouldnt need given i wont be running cruise control/abs/traction control.

i will however be running the factory 1uz auto along with the hydro fan setup and aircon so that will make the wiring alittle more complicated.

if anyone has done this swap or can point me in a good direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I'm only really good with pre-89 wiring, but all the wiring I have messed with between a 1990, 1989, and my pre-89s they are all similar enough to work out problems.

Your 22 pin is probably your B-2, the white one looks like it may be M-1. List the pin no. and wire color for the two in question connectors and we can go from there.

As for your 1UZ wiring, I'm an advocate for not cutting or hacking up engine wiring harnesses just because items are going unused. I did my 1UZ wiring and only cut one wire, that was so I could put the correct connector on for the oil pressure sending unit. I actually utilized the hydro pump circuit for a switch to control the relay for the electric fans on the radiator. So what I'm getting at, is just because your not using it doesn't mean you have to cut it off.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
Chambers, didnt plan on cutting any wires - hence why im looking for the matching plugs for respective looms. picke dup the chassis loom plugs for the 1uz engine loom already.

heres the 3 plugs on the chassis loom.

view is of the female plugs looking at the pins (NOT the wires)
"-" denotes no wire in that position.
blue cells denote the pin slots
"x" means to hard to see the wire colour at night so will finish them off tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Ok, so its looking like the 22 pin is M-1. M-1 in my EWD book carries most of the important signals for making the gauge cluster function.

If you have or can get a continuity tester you can confirm my predictions, and understand what the wires your seeing are for. Testing these circuits will be a little intensive, but it will speak volumes.

So on our "M-1" connector, Pin 1 - Yellow in color, see if you have continuity between that pin and the 7.5A GAUGE fuse.

On our "M-1" connector, Pin 6 - Yellow-Green in color, see if you have continuity between that pin and the WATER TEMP in the gauge cluster.

On our "M-1" connector, Pin 10 - Black in color, see if you have continuity between that pin and the TACH in the gauge cluster.

On our "M-1" connector, Pin 18 - Yellow-Black in color, see if you have continuity between that pin and the OIL Pressure in the gauge cluster.

On our "M-1" connector, Pin 19 - Grey-Green in color, see if you have continuity between that pin and the CEL in the gauge cluster.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
Thanks for the help Chambers.

Havent felt like crawling under the dash to finish off the other connector just yet so decided to put all the pins for the 1uz (both ecu and chassis loom into excel. (may help someone in the future.

i went through the whole tewd for a sc400 and wrote down which colour wire goes to which pin then compared to my actual loom. as u can see, three of the plugs are very close, however 2 are completely diff :(

granted you prob dont need many of the wires to complete the conversion.

Will type up which wire goes where for the tewd when i get a chance

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Glad to help, if you click the link in my sig you can see the 1UZ connectors that have wires needed for the swap, IJ1, IJ2, IK1, IK2, EB1, EB2, and II1 if you want to wire up your heat.

Do you have a plan for the hydro fan control? If you don't want to wire in the FAN ECU you could just do a simple relay and switch (either temp or manual).