Wiring harness question

Pijus

Aug 10, 2010
Lithuania, Vilnius
Hello supramania,

I'm doing 7mge-> 7mgte swap, the car is 87NA and the engine+harness+ECU is from 89Turbo, but here is the thing:

1.The idea is to make plug n play adapter from 89ecu to 87body harness, but i cant figure out these 4 wires(1from 89connector and 3from 87connector) maybe you could help me with identifying them?

dsci0109h.jpg

dsci0114h.jpg

2.The engine harness also missing 2 plugs, where should they go?

dsci0116l.jpg

Thank you.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
the ones with the plugs i dont know but the one on pic 3 looks like theyre the one for the thermostat housing.(gauge cluster,ac coolant sensor and radiator cooling fan)
ipsd29.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I swapped an '87T motor into my '89NA, so the opposite of you.

Most of it was just plug 'n play, with a couple of exceptions.

The ABS wiring was different, a completely different connector. I made a jumper harness using the chassis side of the '87T harness and the engine side of my '89NA harness, matching (mostly) wire colour between the two. Seems to be correct, since I have fully and appropriately functioning ABS.

There's a line from the #2 integration relay to the ECU for headlight idle up. I guess this needs to be swapped with another pin at the ECU. (I just cut the wire and ran a different wire to the headlight relays, so I don't have an idle-up when the headlights are on.)