wiring harness question

mikehockenberry88

Apr 3, 2011
state college
so this is what i have! i got a 92 supra that originally had the 7mge in it with an automatic transmission! the person i bought it off of swapped an 89 or 90 7mgte with a 5 speed in it! i still have the original 7mge harness and the 89 or 90 7mgte harness from the motor. so the problem is the body plugs from the 7mgte harness dont connect theyre diff! so what i need to know is what i need to do to make the 7mgte harness work on my car! {both harnesses are gray but arnt the same since ones from a 92 and ones from an 89 or 90}

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Need to depin and pin the correct plugs on there if the pins are the same.(they prolly are but idk for sure)

Or buy a 91-92 turbo harness, which there arent too many floating around and could take a while to find one.

mikehockenberry88

Apr 3, 2011
state college
well i need to know which wire goes where! i always look for them and also have an ad on here and have no luck im tired of waiting for one to popup! it cant be that damn hard to change the plugs!

89Slowpra

Mar 31, 2011
Pocono Lake, PA
There are! Thousands of! Wire diagrams floating around! Lol holy exclamation points Batman. But seriously +1 on repinning... I highly doubt you're the first person with this predicament. Not much help but good luck!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It works. Have to proceed anyways if you have google chrome,. Says there is a virus but i never got one.