wiring harness help!!

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
ok im swaping a 7mgte from and 87 to my 88 n/a but a few of the plugs are broken and missing and some of the harness looking like it has been cut into. does anyone have or kno where i could find a diaghram that describes what each plug goes to so that i can rebuild my harness any help will be great thank you.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is no diagram that shows what all the sensor plugs are

Have to do a resistance test from one end of the wire to the other.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Your question is pretty simple, but the answer is very complex. I'm mapping out the entire engine harness and have been for weeks and I'm still not done. Testing a harness is very difficult, especially if it's been cut into. The online wiring diagram tells you and shows you where every single wire is, but navigating that book and understanding it are not common sense.

If you've got a specific question I can probably help out. I have a few excel sheets listing nearly every single wire of the harness and where each end goes, but mine are all based on my 89 harness. Yours may be a little different, but I can help point you in the right direction if you provide some specific questions.

I'm debating offering to repair or create harnesses for people, but there are very few people who are willing to pay what that kind of work is worth.

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
I too am mapping out the main engine harness, and will eventually be progressing into each harness on the car as I rebuild them. Any specific questions about plugs, locations, wire color, etc, I may be able to provide assistance. Suprarx7nut, perhaps we should compare notes at some point and see how the harness compare. (I have 88, and 89+ m/t and a/t harnesses)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
HorchataKing;1812270 said:
I too am mapping out the main engine harness, and will eventually be progressing into each harness on the car as I rebuild them. Any specific questions about plugs, locations, wire color, etc, I may be able to provide assistance. Suprarx7nut, perhaps we should compare notes at some point and see how the harness compare. (I have 88, and 89+ m/t and a/t harnesses)

Sounds good. I'll post up some of my info when I'm done. Shouldn't be too long.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
I can help you too Adam , just give me a call an ill see what I can work up. The TSRM is very helpfully here if you have the entire electrical diagram . The one that shows the plugs and breaks down the individual systems.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
HorchataKing;1812270 said:

well i really just want to go trhough to test everything to make sure there isnt any broken wires. and a few that tie in together dosent look like something toyota would to. also for some reason the guy that had it before me just cut some plugs off so i just have wires hanging there. im going to post of a few pics of the harness and the plugs and see what yall think. i kno i could probly send it off but like someone said earlier it is expensive but id also like to learn for my self so that i can also help other members.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
White Zombie;1812438 said:
I can help you too Adam , just give me a call an ill see what I can work up. The TSRM is very helpfully here if you have the entire electrical diagram . The one that shows the plugs and breaks down the individual systems.

ill get in touch with you soon and let you kno whats going on with the harness.i found a diagram the other day but on my 87 harness alot of the plugs look to be different colors and different types. harnd to tell from the pics really. and the one i found was a 92 harness on the link below

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...iring-Harness-Plugs-What-is-what-Walk-Through

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The electrical diagram posted online at cygnus is for model year 89 and is not applicable to any other year. I've already found a handful of differences with my 90. An 87 won't even be close to an 89 or 90-92.

I bought a perfectly good wiring diagram for $30 on ebay. :)

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Well a lot of the plugs are the same , Toyota just changed the color from year to year. And yes Toyota did join a lot of wires in the harness , grounds and power side . The "blue" tape on the wires is normally factory splices.