Wiring harness having trouble identifying 6 plugs

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
I bought a new wiring harness and am putting it back into my car. I took some pictures of the 6 plugs I'm trying to identify from my cut JDM harness. (it's cut-off leading to the ecu plugs) My engine had a beat up harness on it previously and 4 of these plugs were missing. Out of the two that aren't missing one of the clips remains the same, and one had custom clips installed on a yellow wire (no stripe) and red wire (with blue strip). I'm trying to decide which one's I need to use and which one's to re-wire onto the yellow and red-blue wires. I've put some numbers beside the clips, if anyone can help identify them it would help me figure out which one' s I don't need, and figure out which one's I need to re-wire to replace those clips on the old harness. I've looked at the diagram in the tech section but that must be for an 89+ harness as none of the connectors look the same. Thanks in advance.

Pictures of the 6 plugs I need Identified
p1605079_1.jpg

p1605079_2.jpg

p1605079_3.jpg

p1605079_4.jpg

p1605079_5.jpg

Pictures of the 2 plugs that are from my old harness (the other 4 have been mysteriously removed)
p1605079_6.jpg

p1605079_7.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Forgot to mention this is for a 7mgte.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
i know that #2 connects to a clip from the tranny down by the back of the motor, and i believe 3,4,5 and 6 go down there to. they all should be in a group. #1 is the rear knock sensor.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
1. Knock sensor
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. I found where it plugs into, but it only has 3 wires going to it
6. ?

The previous owner put the 7mgte into an NA frame. Could the missing wire on 5, and the missing female plugs be because the NA doesn't use them?

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Connector #2 has 3 wires that lead to the neutral start switch as shown:
p1605322_1.jpg

2 (yellow) is also the backup light for A/T
1, 2, 3 (light blue) & 4 (bottom left green wire) are also used for A/T indicator S/W

Since my car is a M/T I'm just going to leave those untapped, unless there's another way to wire in a neutral start switch?
It still has 3 wires going to it. Any ideas what number 5 could be?

Last edited:

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
Where are these connectors plugging up. Is it on the driver side fender. I was going to say it was the tems control if they plug up there.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
They plug in right by the starter in the engine bay.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

1- knock sensor
2- auto trans.
3- auto trans.
4- auto trans.
5- reverse lights/speed sensor
6- auto trans.

Your other is a manual harness it appears. and this is an auto trans. harness.

Hope that helps. you only need the Knock sensor.

So this is what I found for #5
p1605352_1.jpg

Now on my car the connecting clip is missing pin #2. Any idea what this goes to?

Still trying to figure out what the red and yellow custom clips are for?

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
I believe 4 is for auto tranny.
I think 2 also goes for the tranny.
1 is knock sensor.
one or the other. 5 or 6 goes to the tranny.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Found it pin #2 is T/M speed sensor w/ ABS. I don't have ABS, so it's left untapped.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Cool, anyone know what the red and yellow custom clips are for and what wires from what plug I should connect to them. I`m thinking the yellow clip is from connector 2 and is for the backup lights.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
So i'm going to take the red - black stripped wire on connector #3 and clip it onto my car. Also the yellow wire from connector 2. From what I can tell these control the reverse lights, and were hardwired in by the previous owner. He must've made custom clips because he used a 7m-gte harness on a 86 NA frame. Other then that, I can tape off the rest of the wires 2-6 as they're for the auto-trans and I won't be needing any of them.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
So I figured out the two wires, yellow and red with black-strip that are for the reverse lights. Not sure how to wire up the neutral start switch, I don't see any female plugs for that in my engine bay.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
I tested the reverse lights and they work fine. When I turn my key the clock dims and nothing else happens. Definately is the neutral start switch wiring. So to bypass the neutral start switch I take plug #4 and solder the two | | terminals at the top together, correct?