Wiring abs in on 1jz swap

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Anyone have the info for wiring in abs on my 1jz swap? My clip did not have abs and im looking to keep it functional on my car. The abs sensor is in the trans correct? so do I need to swap it to my jz tranny?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
bkma71;1345444 said:
Anyone have the info for wiring in abs on my 1jz swap? My clip did not have abs and im looking to keep it functional on my car. The abs sensor is in the trans correct? so do I need to swap it to my jz tranny?

I'm assuming from your sig you have an 89+ car. Yes you need the speed sensor from the original trans, and yes it has to be swapped to the 1jz transmission. The speed sensor has 3 wires, which go to the ABS ecu via the B3 connector in the glovebox. The yellow wire goes to pin 5 on B3, the black wire to pin 1, and the red with a black stripe to pin 2.

That's all you need, the rest of the ABS wiring is in the body harness.

supramanmk3

Supra : PRICELESS
Jun 12, 2005
New Jersey
JonoTurbo;1345452 said:
I'm assuming from your sig you have an 89+ car. Yes you need the speed sensor from the original trans, and yes it has to be swapped to the 1jz transmission. The speed sensor has 3 wires, which go to the ABS ecu via the B3 connector in the glovebox. The yellow wire goes to pin 5 on B3, the black wire to pin 1, and the red with a black stripe to pin 2.

That's all you need, the rest of the ABS wiring is in the body harness.

Would that set up work on -89 car also? If the jdm trans did not come w/that speed sensor, can it be purchased from and auto part store or is it just a dealer item only? TIA.