wires

smokey55

Jul 23, 2010
Omaha
ok I know im new so i might sound dumb by asking this i have no clue were the two wires that come off the battery wires go they both look like ground but im not sure also does anybody know how i can fix torn wires one is a knock sensor the other is a ecu coolant sensor is there a kind of plug that i rewire it to and plug it in and were do the fuel injector plugs go any help would be appreciated its a 1991 7mgte been working on it for what seems to be forever its my first build.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well the two wires off the battery I assume you mean the negative terminal, the small one goes to the fender the large one goes to the engine around the starter or the motor mount cant remember where exactly. For the knock sensor look up the knock sensor rewire its a special procedure using a co axle wire. The temp sensor you can just use a good female spade, one with a cover preferably. As for the injector wires they go on the injectors in alternating colors, one color then the next then the first. Ie brown white brown white ect, could be white that starts cant remember.

smokey55

Jul 23, 2010
Omaha
ahhh ok i think it goes on the engine mount i can see a bolt aroun the same size with no use so i'll put it there and the other i'll find a good spot on the fender thanx man bt my injecter colors are all the same color ecept the female side bt i kinda worked it out by looking at the length of each wire and their place on the harness. Thanx agian.