Wire harness + plug questions

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
So, I'm in the middle of doing a NA-T swap with turbo electronics on my 87'.
I bought the wiring harness from the US (88 turbo manual) and now noticed and remembered that you USDM folks don't have PPS.
So I took the PPS wires from my old harness and wanted to plug it into the new one and noticed a couple of differences on the plug that goes into the harness behind the dash.
This is the old plug (the two wires I'm holding are the PPS ones).

This is the newer one

The slots I need for PPS (brown wire with a dot and yellow wire with blue stripe with a dot taken out )

I noticed the problem too late and it's hard to search for plugs when the harness is installed :(
So my question is - anyone knows what wires did I take out plus what all all those other wires that my body harness doesn't support? What does the 88't USDM have that my 87 EDM one doesn't?

Second question:
Where does this white plug (just under the Vin-plate on the pic) go?

Third question - Reading the NA-T swap FAQ there was written that I need the Boost Pressure Sensor (black box that "plugs" onto the relay near the left fender, right?). Now I'm looking and can't find a plug for it? I'm thinking that the sensor is wired to the engine bay body harness? How should I go about wiring it in, as I think I'm going to need it?:icon_bigg Or am I just blind? :D

That's it for now, thanks in advance! :)
Jüri

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
also NA-T and wondering if i need to change dash harness? i have engine harness from same year. will the voltmeter still work?