Windows 7 beta

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
So far I am enjoying it. I'm just using it for fun though. I was having an issue with programs installing and windows found the problem on the net and showed me how to resolve the issue. It was great.

COD4 punkbuster doesn't work though, that's annoying. That's what I get for using a beta os though :)

Who

Supramania Contributor
I've tried windows 7 myself but other than the glam and fluff it really serves me no useful purpose over XP. Vista sure put a hurt on MS. Between the economy and the problems with Vista they took a beating in their earnings. They tried their best to put there monopoly muscle and put a stop to any new licenses on XP but they keep pushing the date back due to the overwhelming rejection of Vista at the corporate level. Linux is putting a hurt on them as well.

Ubuntu has come along way and now you can install updates and software with just a click of the mouse. The talking heads on the business channels never mention Linux but its got to be taken away a large share of MS's business. You can have a fully functional computer with office apps and all the software you would need for $0.00 legally using open source software.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Been using it on my desktop for about 2 weeks. Its great, runs wonderful (except one minor bug that keeps shutting aero off)

Its BETA so I dont expect perfection. STPD Drivers cant install on it yet (used to having a fake CD/DVD Drive on the comp to mount images)

I did a full fresh install. I had it on my laptop (b4 it broke on me) and it ran great on there too. My Laptop had more power than my desktop.

As far as Ubuntu, its wonderful I agree, I just get annoyed at 2 things. My video drivers, and how somewhere along the line my lack of experience causes a huge problem with an oterhwise everyday task for me.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i havent messed around with it yet but alot of my friends say its pretty good. i have been messing around with ubuntu and i think it could posibly be the next major os

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
7 beta is just a faster version of vista with an object dock. That is all that I see out of it. Im going to stick with xp on the laptop, vista at home and 2 virtual machines (DSL and Ubuntu)

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
All I can say is wow. I bought a Vista laptop about 6 months ago (HP dv9000) that I was using as my main computer. Then I went from XP to 7 on my desktop.

My 3 1/2 year old desktop is now running faster and smoother than my laptop. Pretty much the same specs, too. (Intel Core 2 Duo processors [2Ghz laptop, 1.86Ghz desktop], 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, nVidia 7600 series chipsets) I just can't believe it.