Window Doesnt fit

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Hey guys my drivers side door was very rusty so i got a new door and transfered all my electronics/window/wiring over to this one. Now the window feels to be looser then the other side and when its up all the way its about 1cm to far to the rear of the car, this causes the window to rub on the black piece behind the window. anyone know what to adjust to move the window foreward a bit? Im thinking maybe one of the bolts for the track is loose so i'll check that out but if anybody else has had these problems please reply.

wizard_len

Feb 27, 2006
Louisiana
First, be sure everything is tight so nothing is moving around. If so, you can adjust the glass position by loosing the bolts holding the glass in the regulator frame. Mark the positions before loosening, then loosen the bolts. Move the glass a hair in the required direction (apparently forward) then retighten and try it. It will probably take several attempts to get it right, but with patience you can get it just so. You can't hurry or you'll break something.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
wizard_len said:
First, be sure everything is tight so nothing is moving around. If so, you can adjust the glass position by loosing the bolts holding the glass in the regulator frame. Mark the positions before loosening, then loosen the bolts. Move the glass a hair in the required direction (apparently forward) then retighten and try it. It will probably take several attempts to get it right, but with patience you can get it just so. You can't hurry or you'll break something.

Ah, thanks alot the problem was that the window was up ALL the way, then i tried to adjust it, all i ha dto do was move the stoppers down a bit, not its perfect.

Last edited: