will this work (clutch queston)

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
would the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and the Fidanza flywheel be a good combination,ive herd of some clutch's that becouse of material that they are made of will "weld" themselves to aluimun flywheels. will this clutch be okay to use with the alumiun flywheel or if anyone has any preference on which clutch to use that would be great.

here is a link
https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pr...lutches-Flywheels/Clutches/part/Dual_Friction

the car is completly stock but, i kinda drive it pretty hard so i thought getting a "better then stock" clutch the first time would save me a little bit of a headach later on.

thanks caleb

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Clutch weld itself to an aluminum flywheel? WTF, never heard that one before.

I guess maybe if you took the steel friction plate off of the flywheel and ran the disk on the aluminum itself.

Personally, I cant stand Centerforce, but thats just my opinion......

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I believe i was a certain type of clutch disc material that "welded" to the friction plate of the flywheel. I read the thread that your talking about but can't remember what material it was. IIRC it was more prone to happen with full faced clutches with that material. A quick search should yield the results you're looking for.

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
That is the combo that I am running right now. I think its great and they are definately not welded together. I have a W58 on my turbo motor, and it has held the power just fine. So I would imagine the one built for the R154 would be even better.