will not crank

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
about 2 weeks ago car was haveing truble cranking all the stairter would do is make a click sound every time i turned the key the batt. is good 12v+ so i replaced the stairter with a new one all is well till like 3 days later same prob now it stuck at a friends house and all it does is click every time you turn the key.where should i look for the next prob

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
maitai69691 said:
every thing seems ok im thinking the stock antitheft has some thing to do with right now not sure yet
put car in neutral then jump the solenoid on the starter most likely needs starter contacts search on sogi we replace them at work alot on all toyota

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
bypassed the hood switch and the stock alarm but still nuthing all the stairter does is click every time you turn the key it dosent even try to turn the moter.need help.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Put new battery grounds on ,or try cleaning them at the block and battery. Check the postive too. Could be dead cell in battery too try jumping the car.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
batt is good even tryed to jump off a nother car thinking it might be the neutral strt swch or the strt relay going not to sure where neutral sech is and haveing prob pulling off relay to test it.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
my battery was good also. so i thought. i had the guys at autozone test it for me. came back good. i had the same symptoms you did. put a new battery in, and all has been well since. not saying that is your problem, but it might be worth a try. swap one from another vehicle before you buy. cheaper that way. just a thought.