Will a 89+ crossmember bolt up to a 87?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Heres the deal, I have the cross member from a 89+ along with the mounts and brackets. And I was wondering if I could just swap the 89+ cross member over to my 87 and call it a day?

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah I have the 89+ cross member, brackets for the 1jz, and the round mounts. I was wondering so that I can keep all my 89+ stuff instead of selling it, then turning around and buying pre 89 parts. More work but less hassle. you know how low ballers are.....

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
S.A. supra;1693540 said:
Yeah I have the 89+ cross member, brackets for the 1jz, and the round mounts. I was wondering so that I can keep all my 89+ stuff instead of selling it, then turning around and buying pre 89 parts. More work but less hassle. you know how low ballers are.....

I'm in the process of swapping my subframe/crossmember out of my '91 shell into my '89 for this exact reason. Motor that I will be using came out of the '91, I also already have the round mounts on hand, so it's just (relatively) easier that way for me. Subframe was coming out for powdercoating anyway, so why not just reinstall in the other car and cross something else off the "to buy" list...