will a 1jz a340 bolt on to a 7mgte?

jmillan

Sep 29, 2013
oceanside
i baught a 1jz auto tranny bc my tranny has no reverse anymore and i want to know if i can swap it out with this 1jz tranny just like that.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
haha whoops , swap the bellhousings. *sometimes* you need to swap the extension housing as the speedo gear is a little different. ive had '1jz' autos come from all sorts of cars so you never really know

jmillan

Sep 29, 2013
oceanside
damn i dropped the tranny in class and the sensors were different also the throttle link cable is non existant on the 1 jz a340, will that be an issue when driving?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No I only drive manual trans cars.

But the newer Vvti engine uses a drive by wire throttle body thus it would not have a kick down cable. That one might not be totally compatable.

If it has the same speedo might be able to switch some sensor but you won't be able to down shift.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
You won't be able to swap extension housing also and will need a custom driveshaft.
Tlo86 is true, Line pressure is controlled by a solenoid with a PWM signal so you need a standalone, and But, you may swap valve bodies to keep your original Trans controller and kick down câble (which in fact is a line pressure control cable).

You won't be able to use 1J torque converter.

Finally, the whole swap will only offer you stronger clutch pack (more discs)

jmillan

Sep 29, 2013
oceanside
Rollus thank you so much for that use full info i managed to swap out the valve bodies to the a341 also i did manage to swap out the tail the only thin i did have to change off of the a341 is the magnetic ring for the speedometer with the one off the a340. also the flex plate had the same bolt pattern as the 1jz a340 torque converter, BUT my car stalled after driving it around and it made a back firing noise followed by a loud bang, now when i try to turn it on it makes that lous bang in the engine, any ideas?