Wifes 88 Supra Build Up

RotaryHead

Gets beat up by Motors
Aug 27, 2009
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Well how yall doing. Gonna start on my wifes 88 Supra. Lots of plans for her but need to get the engine and tranny into her right now. before i put the engine in im goin to make an exhaust manifold for 2 ct26 turbos, redo the intake manifold and whatever else i think of along the way. I was using the body for another project but found another supra to use for the super celica project. gonna freshin up all the usual before i put her back together. ahhhh write more when i am not drinking.

p1447051_1.jpg

p1447051_2.jpg

Parts that need to put back on
p1447051_3.jpg

p1447051_4.jpg

Last edited:

RotaryHead

Gets beat up by Motors
Aug 27, 2009
okay got the motor out of the donor supra today gana start to tear it apart and use the rotating asembly from another donor motor to get it back together.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the motor is out
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the donor 7mgte
sm_photo_missing.jpg

i will be balancing and blue printing the rotating asembly coating the pistions and shotpeening the rods and trying to make the rods wieght the same

Last edited:

RotaryHead

Gets beat up by Motors
Aug 27, 2009
now a little on what i will be doing i will be port matching the ports and doing a little port job as im only lookin for 5 to 600hp coating the stock pistons and doining whatever to the rods balancing and blueprinting everything. will start on the twin exhaust manifld after the new year maybe i will be building another motor so i can try to get more reliable hp

a little bout the body will be stich wealding everything guting alot of weight will retain power steering and a/c so she and the kids can ride around in comfort will be geetting ride of the side moldings and adding some wisuals to make her loook good paint will be when we can aford it the color will be periwinkle

the suspension will retain the tems and i will just upgrade the shocks and customly mount the coilover bases with some progressive lowering springs

the interior will get there someday

RotaryHead

Gets beat up by Motors
Aug 27, 2009
removed all the freeze plugs and studs from the block today, gatta love rusty mud in your coolent passages
also cleaned the lower intake plenum and prewashed some parts
gana powdercoat some of the parts when i get a powdercoting gun and oven
before
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

a tire i blew up today at work
sm_photo_missing.jpg

wasnt my fault the lift shouldnt have moved