wierd vacuum problem

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i've got vacuum throught the throttle body hoses but no vacuum makes it through the egr and the front vsv under the intake manifold is just hanging there not bolted to anything, what i was wondering is would this cause a rough idle and possibly alter timing or anyway of giving me a misfire. this is the only things i've come up with after changing valve cover gaskets and went from running normal to not running smooth at all now...

so thanx for the help
ross

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
rough idle i would say yah u probly have a few lines disconected under there if you say you are getting no vaccum at all down there withc would be a vacum leak and have rough idle misfire tho hmm i dont think so id say double check all your connections under you intake manifold and be sure they are hooked up right

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Sounds like a vacuum leak, cause you didn't have the problem prior to vc gasket change. Plug off all those little ports on the throttle body to see if things improve. You may have a gasket leak, or may not have hooked back up all the vacuum hoses.

Thats where I would start.:biglaugh:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I have the same problem. However my car doesn't have an egr, but yes, the vsv is hanging there not connected to anything. I don't have rough idle or misfire at all. If I do it is barely noticeable. I'd like to find out to why it is just hanging there. I know that its supposed to get hooked to something begind the intake but can't find anything.