Wierd no boost issue

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
So this only happens once and a while. I was following a car really slow going up a big hill the other night. I kept my car in 2nd gear at about 4500 rpm for like a minute, because I didnt think 3rd gear had what I needed traveling behind this slow poke. So, I make my turn, put my foot into the throttle and I got nothing. No boost, RPMs climb slowly and I hear a whining noise. I let off and try some throttle again. Boost, no problem nothing to it. I did notice that my compressor wheel had rubbed on the inside of the compressor housing a little bit. Ive also noticed this problem twice before, both while under heavy cornering. Im wondering if Ive got an oiling issue with my turbo. Its a SP67GT, freshly rebuilt. Maybe 2000 miles

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No boost at all though? Perhaps one of your intercooler pipes has busted off at the couplings... I know my 1j's done that a couple times, once it was very loud and unsurprising (forgot to tighten the clamp enough, sounded like a gunshot haha), and the second time it must have just slipped off. Anyway, point I'm making is that the second time when I was unaware of my loose i/c pipe, it revved like an n/a, but was spinning the turbos like mad. Felt like an n/a too.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
ya it definatly feels like NA when this comes up. That was my first thought was intercooler pipe, but the boost came back after I let of the throttle and reapplyed it which only confused me further