Wierd Code Problem??

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
So tonight I was out cruising around and everything was going well. Raced a few people, no problems. Then me and a modded VW go out to the highway to race and i notice my CEL was on.. and car wasnt pulling very good. First thought, code 34!! Sure enough I check my codes, and i read 34, 51 and 52. What pissed me off is, I just rewired my knock sensors and it was clear of codes for a couple weeks.

Anyways, I pull my EFI fuse and reset it and head back in watching for my CEL to come on again.. And it doesnt. WTF? Car pulled hard and even at 5000rpm wouldnt throw a code.. (a knock sensor problem code should come on at 3000rpm or so after a reset? or atleast it did before i fixed it) I cruise around abit more and wait for a code but nothing shows. Then on my way home, 20-30minutes later.. I see my CEL light is on again. 34,51 and 52.

Any idea why it only comes on when it feels like it? And is it at all possible a code 34 could be linked to codes 51 and 52?

Sorry for another code post.. But I couldnt find anything like this.. So please dont kill me..:icon_bigg

Nothing can ever stay fixed.. Lol. :nono:

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
No 34 won't be linked to those codes. 51 and 52 won't always come on immediately if there is a problem. It sounds like your knock sensor rewire wasn't done completely perfect, or possibly one of your sensors is going out. The other code indicates you need to realign your TPS. Both 51 and 52 can take a noticeable amount of horsepower from you.

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
The wierd thing is.. When I fixed my knock sensors (did my re-wire), code 51 dissapeared with it.. Which I thought was kind of wierd. Ill see what she wants to do today lol. Going to do a compression test too.

Im going to go over my pipes and check for loose wires.