wideband hooked up... is this normal?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
u can also test your o2 sensor with a volt meter. just pin it out and i think if it should read .05volt or less if i rember right. . also tap into the vf wire at the ck plug and see what the factory computer is doing.. if its pulling fuel or adding it.. when your just cruising. thier should be little to no change l should read about 2.5v

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I had to bring mine down with an MBC to 12ish so it wouldn't run lean (bad break up) from 16 psi. When I installed my FCD I was able to only boost below wastegate cause less fuel, my bad.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
f00g00, how did you manage to reduce your boost pressure below the wastegate minimum with an MBC? Very confused by that...

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
When I installed my hks fcd and played with the settings I was able to boost only around 6 psi because it was so bogged down. I turned it way down and the car wouldn't run at all. I didn't have my wideband yet so don't know what the AFR's were.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
What he is saying is that it's you can't reduce boost lower then waste gate pressure. If you look at how boost controllers are designed and how that work it can't be done. Also I'm not sure about the FCC but if it's anything like how my emanage is set up its deaign to clamp down the map sensor voltage to prevent it from hitting fuel cut while it continues reading off of the greddy 2 bar map

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ahh, I think I understand now... but my point still stands. Your car wouldn't boost as high due to the FCD settings, the car wasn't running as it should. That makes sense, we just were looking at the wrong culprit in your situation. :)

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
hm this is eye opening.

I swapped in the 440 cc injectors, and only turned them down to 97% on my piggyback although its still probably running leaner than it should, it makes it up to 5k before breakup.

but after reading this i guess there is something else wrong.