Why would i not get pulse to my injectors???

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
Well there's a few things you can check to see why its not starting...

- If you noid lighted the injectors and didnt get a pulse, I would check continuity from the injectors to the ecu (all 6 injectors ofcourse) to see if you have a break in the wire or not.

- Test to see if you have power and ground sending to the injectors with a voltmeter.

- Make sure your crank positioning sensor is hooked up, and you can also do a continuity test to make sure there is no break in the wire and OHM the cps.

-If all else fails, open up your ecu to see if there are any leak capacitors and burnt resistors....

These are some of my first tests that I would do.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
OK- so i tried a couple more tests and i find the fuel pump will prime once switched so the injectors will get a quick prime pulse, the engine will turn on and quickly die once the prime gas is gone...
So i have my fuel jumped to a switch, the engine use to run on this very same set up but now wont... hhhrrrmmmm!!!
I need to know what is causing my injectors to not keep pulsing.
Does injector pulse reflect off another sensor like the CPS/CAS or some kind of timing sensor!
At this point the ECU has no codes!!!!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
More madness...
Ok so when TE1 and E1 are joined the injectors will all get a prime pulse except for (injectors 2 and 6) #30 pin 25 on the X plug!!!
Funny story; I used a regular 12V light to test voltage on the second pigtail... Could my noobism have fried my ECU?!?!?!?!?!