Who's MK3 Supra is this???

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
p1725624_1.jpg

is the owner on this forum? I was browsing google images and this appeared in a link. the car looks f***ing amazing and I wanted to ask the owner particularly about the wheels...

cheers

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Super.secret.supra.club.

Hes from sd. XXR 521 18x10 +25 all around. Black 92 with black leather as well. Super clean 2jz single car.

Ill have those same wheels but in gloss black with machined lip soon. There on back order and xxr takes months to fill orders as i found out.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
thanks for the info! are XXR an american company? I will google them when I get a chance. Do they have choices of widths? those specs above sound like GTR fitment (which is what I thought when I first looked at the pics. Id love to know more about tire sizes and options for widths and offsets. Is he a member on this forum too?

I was looking at the CCW classics in all black which look similar but these have longer spokes which i think looks better (although CCW can do any size and offset and they are lightweight which is what im after).

What sizes and offsets did you go with hvyman?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
His name is ed. His name on here is super.secret.supra.club. He doesnt get that much.

Same 18x10 +25. Wish they had like a +15 and +20.

There a japanese company. Me and a couple buddys are buying a few sets so it came out to 460 a set.

There cheaper knock off wheels but they hold up. About the only good wheels that you will find for the same price and actually might be better than some of the higher priced wheels.

Think there about 21-22lbs each. Not too bad for a 18x10 but not the greatest.

Ccw are something like 3-4k a set iirc. The classics have a tighter mesh and dish in slightly. There sick. Id get them with gloss black center and polished lip but for 4k i can get a lot of other parts to go else where so its a toss up. My car is just barely getting started too. Waiting for parts waiting for more checks to buy more...

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
460 a set as in for four wheels!? That has to be a typo...

Unfortunately I do want something lighter, my current wheels are agressive cheaper cast wheels of similar calibre but I want something that I can run more tyre with without fenders rubbing so the CCW is a good option, not many mk3 owners have run them though so I don't know how much I can push the envelope, I should think 11inch rears is achievable though. They are only 2300 a set too which is pretty good for lightweight wheels.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Nope 460 for all 4. Its been about 2 months of waiting so far and prolly still have a couple more weeks at min. Once xxr go on back order it takes for ever to get them.

11in is possible but your going to have to pull and prolly some sort of stretch or else its going to be sticking out past the fender and look like shit.

Stickey tires are a good thing to invest in as well. I like the potenza re11's.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
Yea the ccw wheels are tight! The classics would be about 600+ or so a wheel. But if you want a lil more lippage but keep that mesh wheel look check out the lm20 wheels. Now those are some badass wheels but they're gonna cost you about 700 a wheel. But they can make Custom fitment for your particular needs. Good luck with your decision and remember you get what you pay for! :)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
XXr dont really fall under the get what you pay for line. They have good wheels. There just not some 13lb volk te37's.

Ccws are worth the money for sure.

They use arp bolts too lol

photo_full_3.jpg

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
If the offset is correct with 11inch I should be able to run a 305/30 and have it sit pretty close to flush. My front and rear fenders are already pulled as my current set up is aggressive 10 +22 in the rear and 9 +15 in front, but I want to move away from that as I am limited by the amount of tire I can run because it will rub. More tire will increase grip for the track obviously plus full tire is astheticly pleasing anyway (that's why the car above looks so good). I would probably go for the classic "race" pack which has extra holes drilled out to keep weight down but they don't come with the arp hardware although I'm sure they would do that if you wanted.

The BBS LMs are an awesome wheel too but so bloody expensive it's beyond a joke.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya but the lm are like 21-22lbs. Almost just better to get xxr.

Ed's car last i saw was running 275 up front and 265 out rear. Yes thats correct. Also sort of good. Leess tire roll in the rear for corners and more grip in the front for the heavy front end. Think itd be better to just run 1 or the other all around tho.

A bigger cheaper tire will do the same as a better tire in a smaller size... The smaller the sidewall isnt necessarily good either. Bigger sidewalls get better straight line grip which is needed. Personally i wouldnt go any lower than a 35. Esp if its mostly a street car.

Also with the 11 you need to be careful of the rim and tire getting close to the shock tower.

You can get the classic street with the arp with the lighter holes and steel inserts. I think it would be the better pic and you can get the center caps. The streets are a tad bit more as well.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
They look better without the center caps IMO, I think you'll find the CCW are still close to the 20 lb mark too though but we are talking about wide wheels, they are always going to be heavier. With the tires, the car goes on the road course so im not as concerned about grip in a straight line. Obviously on the street less sidewall means shitty ride but at the end of the day I'll go with something that is most beneficial performance wise as I barely drive it on the street anyway. I'll have to talk with the my mechanic about it. I have a 265/35 on the back now but a semi-slick has a much stiffer sidewall so
I may be able to get away with a 35 profile even on the wide rubber.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^when did you order yours? I could have gotten them from somewhere else but it would have been like 500+ a set and i already paid for mine. I dont mind waiting tho i still need to get 2 more tires too.

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
Nlmotoring.com

i had a lil coupon from a buddy who bought some from there. it woulda been 560 shipped without the coupon.

i ordered mine the 2nd of last month. so its coming up on the 2 month mark.. they said they were shipping out early/mid june..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya thats what i have been told as well. The date keeps getting pushed back more and if you call xxr they dont even know. Thinking about 2 more weeks till they get them.

I got mine from sonic motor. They got them in 8.5 but not 10. Told me to call on friday.

Actually i called nlmotoring and either they had just 4 sets of the 527(buddys are getting 2 sets of 527 black and 1 gold). Almost was tempted to just get those but i dont think i would have liked them as much. I forgot what i asked them tho and what they had.

What color are you getting? What colors your car too?

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
hi guys, sorry for the late reply. as hvyman stated my rim specs are 18x10 +25 all around tires are 275 35 Michellin pilot sports in the front and 265 35 pilot sport II in the rears. i recently changed out my rears to eagle f1 295 35.

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
pics of 295s? hows the clearance?

i ordered mine in flat black. look at my cars below VV just scroll over and click

white,silver

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
super.secret.supra.club;1725808 said:
hi guys, sorry for the late reply. as hvyman stated my rim specs are 18x10 +25 all around tires are 275 35 Michellin pilot sports in the front and 265 35 pilot sport II in the rears. i recently changed out my rears to eagle f1 295 35.
thanks for posting mate, car is looking really good! Have you done much work to the fenders front and rear? looks like you've pumped the fronts a little but its hard to see in the pic. How does the front clear on the inside? It doesnt foul on the sway bar at full lock or anything? I want to run at least a 10 in the front with probably the same tire specs (275/35). Also keen to see some other pics, especially with the 295 on the rear.

cheers