who runs an ebay turbo?

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
Does anyone actually run one of these? i am curious of the longevity of turbos. obviously cant be to good,but for that cheap. if you only boost your car a couple times a year and they put down some good power. would prefer actual experience with these not just "its ebay junk" based on nothing.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
suposidly they arnt ballenced at all. 935 buys em ballences and sells them for a great price.........

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
I do on my 2JZ currently . A t70. HAsn't blown up yet and I have boosted quite a bit with it. Spools fairly well and gives me enough kick that I have handed a couple of Mustang GTs their asses already. Pretty good for a $200 t-70.
Disclaimer .... This is MY personal experience. Your experience may differ depending on your driving style, use, car etc.

Last edited:

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
foreverpsycotic said:
I will be running an XSpower turbo shortly. I haven't heard of one dieing when installed properly.

did you buy the turbo kit or you're building your own? I'm interested in this one also, let me know how this works for you.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i bought the T70 kit that came with an HKS replica wastegate. awesome turbo, i put it on my 2jz and it made 470rwhp at 18psi on a conservative tune. that's what i was told by the guy i sold the car to.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
crazysupra2JZ said:
i bought the T70 kit that came with an HKS replica wastegate. awesome turbo, i put it on my 2jz and it made 470rwhp at 18psi on a conservative tune. that's what i was told by the guy i sold the car to.

I took your advice and bought my turbo. That turbo does kick pretty good. i wouldn't be surprised at if the guy made that much power. If I was wasn't selling my car I would spend the extra money and get it tuned to find out.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
foreverpsycotic said:
I will be running an XSpower turbo shortly. I haven't heard of one dieing when installed properly.
so i guess you didnt see the pics how they are glued together:momaru:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
OneJSupra said:
did you buy the turbo kit or you're building your own? I'm interested in this one also, let me know how this works for you.

I bought his DP, mani and WG off of someone on here, will be buying his turbo, oil lines and AFPR dirrectly from Mark.

Ckanderson said:
so i guess you didnt see the pics how they are glued together:momaru:
I have never seen anything go wrong with parts purchased from 98mkiv on SF or CNA-T. If he uses his own products, they arent crap. BTW, dont you have a car to restore, a GB to run and do something with a gorrilla?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ebay Turbo!!!!!!!!

I needed to send my GT40 off to get rebuilt, so I bought a Ebay T70 to put in its place. Runs fine. Spools like 700rpm sooner than my GT40 too :nono:

I figured, if it breaks, I just leave the exhaust housing in place, block off the hole from the center section, and run N/A.

and CK, it's all once-piece metal housings. I think they only make the tiny ones out of plastic/multi piece.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
annoyingrob said:
ebay Turbo!!!!!!!!

I needed to send my GT40 off to get rebuilt, so I bought a Ebay T70 to put in its place. Runs fine. Spools like 700rpm sooner than my GT40 too :nono:

I figured, if it breaks, I just leave the exhaust housing in place, block off the hole from the center section, and run N/A.

and CK, it's all once-piece metal housings. I think they only make the tiny ones out of plastic/multi piece.

man I bought it exactly for the same reasons . I also have a gt4082 that crapped out on me. lol
I kinda love this turbo :) . I am tempted to get my car tuned with it just for shits and giggles....