WhiteMike's Build up. Finally. (Click and wait, 56kers Go home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Long time no update.

-Tires are in the mail (Yokohama)
-91 wheels are ready to go
-Springs are in the garage waiting for me to put them on

Also, I'm re-doing the PCV system today, as well as tapping my manifold for a remote ISC location. Pics shall ensue!

Anyone have any objections to the following PCV routing? Arrows will be pcv valves.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

-Mike

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Presents!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also, heli-coil'd my exhaust side to repair a leak. I went in to tighten the nut and pulled 2 studs out. Now, they're all nice and tight, and since this manifold is huge I used bolts instead of studs.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

My dumbass downpipe.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

OH, AND LED'S!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Did you use coarse or fine threaded bolts?

Those LED's look nice!! Did you use a write-up for direction? If so, which one? I will be performing this mod too.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
CajunKenny;1545808 said:
Did you use coarse or fine threaded bolts?

Those LED's look nice!! Did you use a write-up for direction? If so, which one? I will be performing this mod too.

No write-up's for me, I've done LEDs on all my cars. The worst was my 04 maxima.. check this out..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Notice, the LEDs are the white square boxes, and there's also LEDs to the right of the white squares.. The white boxes are about the size of the asterisk symbol on your keyboard. The other LED is about the size of the period.. if that. Kenny you know I'd be more than happy to help you out, let me know what you're looking to swap out.

The only kit they had was coarse 3/8"-16, called for a 25/64 drill bit.. Both tools the kit came with broke. Next time I'll buy the coils and tap individually. The tool to twist the tap in shattered on the very first try, twisted up and shit. I ended up taking an old screwdriver and used a cutting disc to make a nice slice in it to grab the coil. Next, the driver for the tap stripped and rounded.. so I had to rig up a socket setup with adapters to a ratchet. Crazy.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The reason I asked about the thread type was because I also used coarse thread and they tend to need re-tightening from time to time. I didn't use Heli-Coils. I used solid thread inserts.

I was mainly looking to see what LED's were being used. I can handle the rest. ;) Are there any surprises to avoid?

But, yeah...I am just thinking of replacing the stock dash bulbs with LED's. Maybe even the Climate Control. Have you done that to yours yet?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
CajunKenny;1545853 said:
The reason I asked about the thread type was because I also used coarse thread and they tend to need re-tightening from time to time. I didn't use Heli-Coils. I used solid thread inserts.

I was mainly looking to see what LED's were being used. I can handle the rest. ;) Are there any surprises to avoid?

But, yeah...I am just thinking of replacing the stock dash bulbs with LED's. Maybe even the Climate Control. Have you done that to yours yet?

Re-tightening? Kenny, shame on you, I used lock-tite and lock washers ;)

LED's.. I like my tag lights the best. On the back of the cluster there's a bulb for everything. For the main gauges, it goes like this: Temp: 194, Tach: 194, Speedo: 194, Fuel: 194, Oil: 74, Boost/Battery: 194 - Not to mention there's a bulb in between for literally everything else. This includes: Coolant warning, cruise, o/d, airbag, fuel low light, check engine light, etc etc etc.. those are all mostly 74's as well.

To avoid 'hot spots' you should get bulbs that spread a wide angle around, and not so much forward. I won't recommend the ones I used, because i had to modify the cluster to accommodate them- because I'm very very very picky about my LEDs. The website below is very shady looking, but I've been ordering from there for years. Not only do that have a ridiculous selection, but somehow they always deliver to me within 1-2 days. So, for you guys, for just the gauges, I'd say..

http://autolumination.com/74.htm - 2nd one down, you'll need 1- or like me, get 6 and a pigtail so you can do the glovebox/cig lighter/key ring/drivers floor/and pass floor.
http://autolumination.com/194.htm - Recommend the 'Super Nova Matrix 5X', just CTRL+F search it once you're on the page. You need 4. I got 5, one for my boost gauge.
http://autolumination.com/otherleds.htm - For the tag lights - Recommend the 'Bayonet Small Head Matrix 15 Led Bulbs', again CTRL+F

Also, so you guys know, if you start replacing things like your blinkers, you'll need resistors because LEDs have a lower resistance than standard bulbs do- and your blinkers will be blinking very fast as if one is out.

Clock and climate control are coming next. My climate control is flickering on the right side, so It's just begging for an LED upgrade. After that, comes my AFC- that green has GOT to go. I'll take a bunch of pics and post up on the climate control upgrade.

Thanks guys,
-Mike

Edit: Nobody likes my tires? LOL

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Clean build thread with most pics on the first page. I like.

How did you get the needles on the gauges so bright?
And why do you have sawblades on a 91? early 91?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
hvyman;1558522 said:
Clean build thread with most pics on the first page. I like.

How did you get the needles on the gauges so bright?
And why do you have sawblades on a 91? early 91?

Thanks man. I ordered really bright LED's, they're like $5-$10 a piece, but so worth it. I'm working on making a 'kit' group buy type of deal.. so you guys can just grab a bag of LED's from me and have whatever color you want.

The sawblades came on my car.. with the 91 wheels in the trunk. The dumbass owner before me couldnt afford tires for the 91's so he bought some sawblades with tires on them already. Retard. It's ok though, I've since re-finished the 91's, and put brand new yokohama's. I'm still looking for some center caps though.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Before:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Shoulda took some pics of the car today. Maybe I'll wait until after i put these springs on.. hmm.....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
nice. I just ordered mine through superbrightleds and all but my tach and speedo needles are bright.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
AxelEngle;1559449 said:
Nice! I am very interested in the intake manifold, what throttle body are you using, and is this a custom piece or is someone producing them?

Intake is custom, Q45 (Nissan) TB

If you're interested in it please PM me, i plan on buying one that curves to the side where the battery goes, and relocating my battery. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.