White Smoke and Running Rich

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
That pretty much sums up what's happening. It drove fine one night, not a problem in the world. Started it up the next day to go to work and it smelled very heavily of fuel when I backed out of the driveway. Saw a wall of white smoke behind me. It started up without a hitch and idled fine on startup. After driving though, that was a whole different story. Idled so rough at stoplights and dumped clouds of white smoke on the cars behind me while I test drove it around the block. While driving there is less smoke. At idle and acceleration from a stop there is more. Spark plugs are blackened and dripping fuel. No milkshake and no muddy coolant. No noticeable power loss, either. I saw the thread on SF about running rich and blowing smoke, so I might look into the bad ecu as a possibility [even though that is targeting JZ engines.] Any other ideas, though?

edit: Forgot to mention completely stock engine.

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
[video]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v729/StudzGraphixx/?action=view&current=20120328_144128.mp4[/video]

There is a crappy cell phone video of it. That was a couple weeks ago. It has been sitting ever since.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
mine is doing the same thing. but smells like oil. im currently doing a hg on it and also replacing the the valve stems. hoping one of the two may be the problem.

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
Went and took a good look at the car yesterday since I had time. Checked the oil again and it looks clean, but it reeks of gasoline :\ Rings, much? Car started up again without a problem. Idled a tad high for a few [1100rpm] and then leveled out. Still a ton of white smoke though. This makes Zeke sad :(

[video]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v729/StudzGraphixx/?action=view&current=20120502_185937.mp4[/video]

Another crappy video. It starts, idles high, levels out-ish, and thennnn...smoke.

Last edited: