White package

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
So I was at our yearly supra meet yesterday and there was a white package supra there. Now I've got a white package as well but this was slightly different. His was the same year as mine, had blue interior, and a auto. What threw me off was it had red pin stripping. I asked him who did that, and he replied that's stock.
Is that true? I havnt seen a red pin stripped white package supra.
Just curious

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Probably a dealer option, if it is in fact stock. A lot of dealer's add pin stripes to their cars. Was he the original owner, or does he know the original owner? He could also just be saying that and doesn't truly know.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Some cars had ou dripping and some didn't.

Most white package cars I've seen had blue interior as well.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Pinstriping never came from the factory on any North American Supra ever. It was done after the fact (possibly before the first owner even got their car, but that doesn't mean it came that way from the factory).

Jeff

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I remember when I worked for Mazda back in '94 they used to hire a pinstripe guy to come in and stripe many cars. They would tack on the price to the options list. Dealer option.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Suprapowaz!(2);2005398 said:
I remember when I worked for Mazda back in '94 they used to hire a pinstripe guy to come in and stripe many cars. They would tack on the price to the options list. Dealer option.

Dealers pinstriped everything back then. Remember when it was real popular? I pinstriped a few of my personal cars. If you got an eye for it, its not that hard..

Nowadays, on modern cars, I don't think it looks that great. Hardly ever see it. I wouldn't stripe a sup though.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Suprapowaz!(2);2005398 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Several years ago my dad bought a new Nissan and it came with "free pinstriping". Just another thing to make that dealer look a little better than the other. Probably what happened to that Supra with the red stripe.