Which plugs?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I've got the Supra torn down to replace a bunch of gaskets so I figured I'd do the plugs and wires while I was at it. Driftmotion has three sets, ranging from $2-$8 each. I'm not opposed to spending $8 a piece, but I want to make sure it's actually worth it? I'd really rather not have to change these for a while... I forgot how much of a pita working on a stock 7M is.

I'd rather not spend an extra $30 if there's no particular gain.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iridiums last longer but are not good for higher boost/hp.

Coppers are cheap and work great at any level but don't last as long.
Rockauto has Ngk coppers iorc pn 4644 for 1.62 each and there is a discount code in there section.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Stock is platinum and they work fine ;)

I don't like changing my plugs so I tend to use platinums. Iridiums are a nightmare to gap (and yes they really should be gapped to work properly) and too expensive for what they really do IMHO.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Well you know that some people say that the fine point on an iridium plug generates a hot spot that causes preignition/detonation. I guess you could look at the electrode to see if its fat enough to spread the heat out. A thin piece of metal sticking out may be hotter than one that doesnt.....

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Hey man nice to see you're still poking around here :)

I wound up with NGK Platinums. G-Power I think the name was. I imagine they'll be fine for what I'll be putting them through.

p5150;1828528 said:
Well you know that some people say that the fine point on an iridium plug generates a hot spot that causes preignition/detonation. I guess you could look at the electrode to see if its fat enough to spread the heat out. A thin piece of metal sticking out may be hotter than one that doesnt.....