Which 2J motor mount? there are 2 different types

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Hey guys, I've searched, but can't find a definite answer. There are 2 different 2JZ motor mounts out there. Pre 97 and post 97? (I think). Which one works for the MKIII? They are different heights it seems. I'll be using JZA70 1J brackets.

Option 1? (please tell me which bracket is which year)
leftovers004.jpg

Option 2? (disregard the bracket, borrowed picture)
94122d1163600039-finally-the-moment-i-have-been-waiting-for-7months-for-trd-motor-mounts-motor-mounts.jpg

Thanks all.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
So any help fellas? like I said, these are not my brackets, just a picture I found on the internet. I have the 1J jza70 bracket. I'm not sure which motor mount to use. Will they both work? (long or shorter MKIV mounts?)

Thanks

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What do you want to do turbogate? If you have a JZA70 Engine Brackets, you can use the short MKIV style mounts that are in picture number 2. Your car will need to be a 89+ subframe for it to work as well. If you try and do it on a square mount subframe, it will have clearance issues.

Yes, the stock 1JZ JZA70 engine brackets work perfectly with the short MKIV mounts and are a great combination.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Thanks for the help. My car is a 90. My friend gave me the option #1 mounts for free, but too bad lol. I thought I was going to at least save some $$ on not having to buy motor mounts. So from my other research, option 2 (shorter mount) is from the 97-98 MKIV correct? Thanks again.

PS. I think you should specify that in your 2J swap guide that 97-98 motor mounts are the ones needed (assuming the 97-98 statement is correct) which is a great guide by the way. I go back to it over and over.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Already asked a mod to unlock it to add it to the thread and reorganize it since when I added stuff, it got a little out of place from how it was. Should be fixed by tomorrow! Most people wont notice or care but I am too OCD about it.

Oh and thanks!