Where to go from here?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So I am thinking about what other mods I need to get my 7M over the 300hp mark I don't want to go crazy with this motor since I have a 2jz I plan to build in the future but I want to get a little over 300hp with my 7M. Last dyno run was 272hp with a bad clutch, unstable boost, and just a downpipe now with those things fixed it's probably putting down a little more maybe 280hp or so. I do plan to get a front mount kit then maybe a wideband, AFPR, and install my Walbro 255 pump if necessary I figure with those and probably an SAFC if that is also necessary would get me to over 300hp. Basically what can I do to maximize my current setup hp wise to the point where if I wanted to get anymore hp I'd need an upgraded turbo or something big like that.
Current Mods
Lexus AFM
550 CC injectors
turbo back 3in exhaust
Blitz Dual SBC Electronic Boost Controller
Intake

Future Mods (If necessary)
FMIC
AFPR
SAFC 2
Wideband
Walbro 255 fuel pump

I replaced the head gasket 2 years ago with ARP head studs along with every other gasket and the car has been running strong since. I am looking for some guidance on my goals listed above, so any help and advice would greatly appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Should already have a bigger pump for the 550.

I would add those mods and up the boost and tune. Should be close to 400 with a 57trim or bigger.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I was thinking about buying a CT26 and sending it to DM for the 57 trim but not sure if I'd need something else to tune it or if I get all of the mods in my future mods list would be what I need for a 57 trim but for now I want to avoid messing with the turbo I want to take care of the supporting mods first then go from there. Like what mods can I get before messing with the turbo and all of that.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
dont forget about the low voltage on the pump from factory when replacing it. gotta undo the resistor;)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll be looking up guides and making a thread when I get to that lol. I don't want to take any risks with fuel systems, so I will ask in detail with that.