where to get a SS clutch line for Non turbo

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
i searched on this forum for anything that has to do with SS clutch line and found nothing.

i want to replace the soft hydraulic line that connects to the slave cylinder and the metal hydraulic line connecting to the clutch master cylinder.

i ordered one from the dealer and twice i got the wrong line and now i just want to find a SS clutch line instead.

i notice the soft clutch line for the turbo is shorter than the non turbo.
and guess what i drive NA so i don't know if the SS clutch line they have for the turbo would fit the NA.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
no it wont fit.

heres what i would do, find a hydraulic shop in your area; take your origional clutch line and tell them you want them to make you one in SS braid with teflon inners.

itll probably be about 10 bucks.

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
it has a different end than the turbo one.
I was wondering if it is okay if i get the correct brass fitting (both male end) to connect the two female ends(one of the female end is in the pic and the second one i am referering to is the slave cylinder)?
would the pressure of the clutch cause any problem?

Attachments

• DSC01421.JPG
    DSC01421.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
you are correct ma71supraturbo
mine is a Non Turbo and if you look at the pic, the line is one male and female end.
the female end goes to the hard line and the male end goes to the slave cylinder.

i was thinking since the clutch line is both female ends i could just find a brass fitting that is both male ends and just link up the to on the soft line.
so i just want to know from everyone will this cause any prob. cause i need to get the supra on the road soon and i can't wait another week for the soft line to come in from the dealer.

I am not too sure about the SS clutch line from a turbo, i assume it may be short.
The pic i posted show that the turbo uses a extra hydraulic line that connects to the slave cylinder.
The non turbo does not because the soft line comes with a male ending and a female ending.

Attachments

• MCG263.gif
    MCG263.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
suprana1990 said:
you are correct ma71supraturbo
mine is a Non Turbo and if you look at the pic, the line is one male and female end.
the female end goes to the hard line and the male end goes to the slave cylinder.

i was thinking since the clutch line is both female ends i could just find a brass fitting that is both male ends and just link up the to on the soft line.
so i just want to know from everyone will this cause any prob. cause i need to get the supra on the road soon and i can't wait another week for the soft line to come in from the dealer.

I think your solution will work, but I also do not see why a turbo SS line would not work :icon_conf

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
lagged said:
no it wont fit.

heres what i would do, find a hydraulic shop in your area; take your origional clutch line and tell them you want them to make you one in SS braid with teflon inners.

itll probably be about 10 bucks.

hello?? 10 dollars for a better than stock piece?

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
thanks lagged and everyone
i don't think there is any hydraulic shop around my area.
i will have to check for the yellow pages to locate one.
w/o you guys/gurls i don't know what to do, i just want thank you all.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
where in NY are you.

if you are close to here ill pick up your old line and ill have a SS braid linemade for you for a good price.