Where to find good crankshaft ?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I have been searching far and wide for a decent 6m or 7m crankshaft. New ones are not to be had. My shop is scared of cheap rebuilt ones for fear of poor quality. Anyone know where to get a quality rebuilt crank? Does such a thing exist? The shop doesn't want to do more than .10 over on a crank. The 6m I do have needs a .20 over. I know my shop is picky, but I'm dropping alot of $$ in the engine, and I don't want to see all that destroyed by an Auto Zone crabby-crank special.

:1zhelp:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Saw one for sale on here yesterday or the day before.

Just look for a good used one on here. There worth like 50-100 imo.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
The problem is, they all "look" good. I've already paid to have one shipped to me that was "good" but as you can see by my sig, I can't give it away. I can't afford to pay to have these shipped without being checked by a machine shop first. And no one wants to go to the extra trouble, even if I offer to pay!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'd be surprised if a Toyota dealer somewhere in this country doesn't have a new 6/7m crankshaft sitting on a shelf in a crate in the back... trick is finding it. Bigger trick is convincing them that in 20 years, nobody has bought it, and that you'd be happy to take it off their hands for cheap. ;)