Where to buy this replacement part?

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
well, been removing all the old, brittle and breaking rubber hoses off my '88 Turbo... man, these things are brittle as hell!! anywho, broke this... ...i believe that it is the charcoal canister VSV? i broke off the nipples. where can i get a replacement?

Attachments

• charcanVSV.jpg
    charcanVSV.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 67

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
im an idiot! i found some places that have 'em!
edit: just got back from the Toyota dealership and they wanted to charge $56 for this thing!! that is crazy!

Last edited:

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
Have you looked on Ebay? For some reason your pics are not coming up on my computer. Is the part a threaded valve like unit with a blue plastic top and two vacuum ports coming out of the top? If so I find them on Ebay all the time and won one for like $15 not too long ago.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
tubbie. good, please bring it when you come to pick up the car... that would be great. also, does anyone have a replacement turbo inlet pipe? or should i just get the Cooleeze one? man, all this stuff is brittle and breaking or is cracked already.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
tubbie said:
Need anything else?
not at the moment... course, i seem to keep on breaking the things im not trying to fix... so i am sure there will be more stuff i need down the road. the last owner keep this Supra stock, but also, mustve never done more than a basic tune-up. Just what are your thoughts on the Cooleeze turbo inlet pipe? good, bad or should i just go with a stock replacement... if i could find one.... LOL!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Dude go down to your local junkyard. Im not saying that stealing is a good thing, but its pocket-able. I pulled mine off a 5M, its on the right side under the distributor IIRC. Same part number.
Ive seen them on half torn apart early 90s camrys, too. Didn't check the numbers though.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
haha.... I don't exactly condone stealing either, but in a junkyard, I don't really think they'll miss anything. Every time I go in one I see high dollars items like ECU's, cylinder heads, A/C compressors....whatever laying in mud holes. if they were that worried about it.... wouldn't they pick shit up before it was ruined?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
for the inlet pipe (I assume you mean the accordian hose going to the turbo?) Just get it from the dealer, BUT, ask for the one for a 91 or 92 turbo supra, as it is MUCH cheaper for some reason...same part, just a lot cheaper in their computer than if you ask for the 87-88 version...Got my for about $52.00 IIRC...

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
johnathan1 said:
for the inlet pipe (I assume you mean the accordian hose going to the turbo?) Just get it from the dealer, BUT, ask for the one for a 91 or 92 turbo supra, as it is MUCH cheaper for some reason...same part, just a lot cheaper in their computer than if you ask for the 87-88 version...Got my for about $52.00 IIRC...
that is odd. how can they charge $56 for a BVSV, but only like $52 for that big accordian hose? i think i am just going to go with the Cooleeze one. thanks for everyones help.