Where to buy a 1jzgte?!!

89MkiiiSupra

Hey guys i'm thinking about swapping out my 7mgte because of a rod knock. Ive been looking at engines all around the internet but im just not sure what is good and what is not. I saw at Tiger Japanese that its cheapest and its running for $590.00 but how can i believe that is reliable since all other competitors prices are like $900-$1500. So anybody here have an idea where to get the 1jzgte from.

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I got one from Osaka 4 days ago. It was $1050 shipped. It came with an Auto trans, uncut harness, ecu, map, ignitor, rear sump, motor mounts and brackets, and hydrofan ecu. Their customer service sucks but the engine itself was fine. Here's a pic

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
wow your lucky mine was missing alot when they said it would come with all this and that, i ended buying all the missing pieces myself

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I would get a motor from a credible company. Do a search and you will find all the answers you need. Also that 1JZ on Tiger is most likely a front sump oil pan so you will need to swap it out for a mid/rear sump.

89MkiiiSupra

I checked out Osaka and their prices are decent. Well i plan on buying the motor asap so i need to know what places are RELIABLE. ;]

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
Driftmotion is awesomeness, reliable, and Customer Service is tops.

RIPgarage.com is cheap and I know em ...good peoples.

TigerJapanese, I have heard positive things about.

venus-auto.com ...sucks ass. My motor (Aristo) was fuckin crust. Turbos nearly seized. I've heard some negatives from others as well. They were nice people but that didn't make up for the frustration.

...in the end, you seem kinda torn between getting out cheap and getting something reliable. You can chance it or pay for peace of mind up front. From experience, everytime I try and cheap out ...I screw myself and have to do it again.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive never had troubles with japanmotorimport.com yet they sent me two very nice 2jz's.

but i would call someone that sells them on the forum to ask (drifmtotion etc) you know you will not be gettin fucked over

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Had a great experience with Osaka as well. there's a few minor problems.

No starter, Downpipe, and the Throttle positioning sensor is broken. The Wiring Harness and ECU aren't in the best shape, but very very usable. Some pics for you..

p1109843_1.jpg

p1109843_2.jpg

p1109843_3.jpg

p1109843_4.jpg

p1109843_5.jpg

p1109843_6.jpg

p1109843_7.jpg

p1109843_8.jpg

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
LOL!!! I didn't even know Jarco imported anything anymore. I thought it was all USDM parts now. EVEN STILL, Jarco sucks ass. I've had some friends have issues with them. They crisscrossed pieces from these 2 front end conversions. Luckily both people frequent the same forum. Unluckily, Jarco sent out the hood piece to my friend and it arrived crumpled to hell. The one my friend sent out was package right and arrived fine. My friend had to hassle them for his money back ...and quite honestly I think everyone lost on it.

The one guy got fed up with that type of shit and start www.ripgarage.com ... ;)

Jacob

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
For those that bought from Osaka, check to see if your water pump's good and if you've got a thermostat in place. It didn't dawn on us before, but when I got my 1JZ from them, it didn't have a thermostat and the water pump was bad so as a result, they sent me a 1J with a BHG (or at least that's what we think could have caused it). Other than that, they sent me everything I asked for in a timely manner and everything was priced very nicely minus the additional cost I have to endure for what was supposed to be a "good running" motor.

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
Mine had a thermostat in place. As far as the pump, I won't know because I'm going to be doing a 2JZ pump swap. I did notice the coolant wasn't green, wasn't even orange. It was pink. I suppose that may be the stuff you put in motorhomes so things don't freeze?? That's the only place I've ever seen the pink stuff. If that's the case, it was nice of them to prep it with the stuff for storage I guess.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
everything was priced very nicely minus the additional cost I have to endure for what was supposed to be a "good running" motor.

Exactly, why I would just get from Driftmotion. He doesn't sell poop and he'll take care of you. By the time you double check, diagnose, replace, and get it in the good motor arena, you've probably spunt as much if not more in time, energy, and parts than if you'd just got a good motor from a good seller.

Granted I am more than happy to have my single turbo setup, but it would have been nice if could have just ran the twins and put the money towards aero or a twin disc clutch.

It's your decision, but you sound like you don't know the game to well though. School of Hard Knocks is down the path of either choice. One will teach you some stuffs the other will much more stuffs.

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
Osaka is FTL!!! I called them yesterday for a quote they say 1,050 shipped to my door, I go to purchase today they tell me 1,150 shipped! It does't end there.... Just for kicks I have one of my good friends call and ask for a quote and they tell him 1,200 shipped!!! their price goes up by the hour!! Screw those guys. Venus tells me they don't even know what they do or do not have and I haven't even tried TJA.