Where does this thingy go!?

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
The map sensor does not matter how deep you put it.

I believe the IAT sensor should be as deep as you can get it, it should be in the air flow. With a FFIM I would put the IAT on the cold side intercooler piping right after the intercooler somewhere. Don't get it too close to the engine, as it will get heat soaked, and hot starts will be a PITA.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Most IAT placements I've seen have been between the intercooler and throttle body, inside the engine bay. Pre-intercooler and you're going to have the heat from pressurizing in the turbo an post-throttle body you have heat soak from the engine (as mentioned above).

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
so ill stick the BAR sensor in the FFIM after TB

and the IAT will be in the IC pipe after intercooler but before the TB

this good placement?

OH and the BAR sensor can it be screwed right into the FFIM or is heat soak,vibrations,etc affect it to a unsafe degree? i thought about a hose off the FFIM to the BAR inside the car. like the DSM,VW ecu

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
The map sensor will be fine screwed right into your intake manifold. A lot of guys say to put it on a vac line in the engine bay so it doesn't get too much vibrations, but I don't think it is ness art. I have mine in my intake mani and if it junks out I'll know better next time.