Where Do You Guys Get Your Electrical Supplies?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I am looking for wiring to do a few setups. They also must be able to be submerged in fuel.

I remember Ian told me Tefzel wiring is good to be submerged in fuel. I cannot find this in any of my local stores as all of them have cheap china crap and I won't take a chance with Radioshack stuff.

So, where do you guys get your electrical supplies?

Thanks in advance.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I dont know about you, but all I have here is crap too, that is why i have to improvise with a lot of stuff on my car.

A good idea is to go to the junk yard and take as much internal fuel pump wires you need from any car. See, improvise :)

by the way what is this fuel wiring thing your talking about?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Best place I found for tefzel wire is Aircraft Spruce. You can google "MIL 22759/16 wire" and you should find plenty of vendors. If there's an aircraft supply store near you , you may be able to find this stuff in person. It was tough for me to find many places that would allow you to buy without a large minimum quantity. Some places require spool pieces of 250-500 ft. :(

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/unshieldlwire.php

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was reading online and it says not to use PVC coated wire in the tank. That wire is a tefzel wire but it says there is a PVC coating on it too.

Anyone know for sure and have experience with it in tank?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
In short,
most wiring can be submerged in Gasoline. The issue will be the quality of the crimp. Crap crimp will cause elevated tempratures at the crimp point. This is where you really want a quality crimper.

pS for Mil-spec wiring to include the FAR approved wiring.

AE Pesche. That is where I purchased all my wiring.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Check my link again. They sell true, mil spec tefzel wire. The paragraph mentions how pvc is no longer accepted. ;)

True tefzel wire at low cost, many color options and no minimum order. No pvc.

From the site:
This top quality aircraft unshielded wire is manufactured to Specification MIL-W-22759/16. It features standard tin-plated copper conductor and is insulated with extruded Tefzel (ethylene/tetrafluorbethylene) which has a maximum temperature rating of 150°C. This wire is rated for 600 volts.

Colors: white, Black, Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, and Striped
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
suprarx7nut;1815510 said:
Check my link again. They sell true, mil spec tefzel wire. The paragraph mentions how pvc is no longer accepted. ;)

True tefzel wire at low cost, many color options and no minimum order. No pvc.

From the site:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I will check the site on my laptop. I was going through it on my break on my IPhone so it wasn't the best checking but Figgie's link to wiring explained it well.