Where do i get all the camshaft little parts

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Also what dimentions to use in the stock cams,springs,valves and every thing else.I m always asking for help and i get very helpfull info thanks.Is my first supra so far only fixing, later only boostriding. I think im Im doing everypart in the cams rebuild.

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Ok I thought people would use common sence, but anyways.What I meant was the adjusting shims,valve lifter,valve keepervalve spring retainervalve steam oil seal,and snap rings.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
You get them from Toyota, you speak of common sense but don't use it.

You could also check the for sale section or auto parts stores. Amazing!

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Common sense usually involves grammar........

you can pick up whats known as a VRS kit (valve Regrind kit) off ebay for pretty cheap im in Australia and it set me back $90aud to my door ($40 for the gaskets and $50 postage!)

The VRS kits usually contain, Intake manifolds, Valve stem seals, Head Gasket, Cam seals even rocker cover gaskets and a assortment of other gaskets you may need, even if you don't use them all its handy to have.

if i were you id pull the head off and do the head gasket as well, i had a friend drop a valve while doing this, i laughed at him, he laughed at me when they managed to fish it out with fishing wire (true story, not on a supra tho)

The 7M valves are difficult to say the least to fit springs. I've done a set of v8 (12v) springs on the car using a allen key through the spark plug hole to hold the valve in place. my spring compressor dosn't seem to fit NFI how you compress the springs i sent it to my engine shop and said here fix it...

Collets/retainer plate - you don't need new ones unless you run into spring bind and need extra clearance, these don't wear easily.

Springs - Try ebay $100usd for a set of 24
Shims - Toyota a few $$ each
Gaskets - $40 ebay