Where can a get a direct source for an RPM signal?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Are all 89+ turbo models ECU pinout diagrams created equal? I have a 1991 Supra turbo.

I have this MAP ECU that is not getting an RPM signal. Until it does it will not tell the stock ECU what to do with the injectors. So my car ran as if it didn't have the AFM plugged in. I had to reinstall my AFM to get my car to run right. I have no CEL codes.

Where can I directly tap into to get an RPM signal? Does it come off the ignitor? I have my MAP ECU tapped into the IGT pin on the harness and it's not picking up the signal. I was going to try IGF, but that's just the return signal from what I understand. Is there another source?

BTW, all piggybacks need an RPM signal. This isn't a MAP ECU specific question. So if you have some other kind of piggyback please chime in where you found an RPM signal.

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
Hope yours works I tryed the one for the diagnostic box and still no signal I tryed one wire off the coil and still nothin I think my map ecu was screwd..

If you get yours to work let me know what wire you hooked it to

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, I have to thread jack for just a second, im trying to figure out which wires to hook up for the timing control on mapecu2. as far as i can tell IGda goes for cyl 1 and 6. IGdb goes for cyl 3 and 4. But it almost looks like IGT is for cyl 2 and 5? but im not positive. ive looked at a bunch of wiring diags and just cant get a definitive answer.. Anyone have any input?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I connected it to IG off of the ignitor and got a signal. If you're looking at the ignitor side of the harness plug then it's the solid yellow wire. If you're looking at the main harness side of the plug then it's the solid black wire. Hope that helps you.