when to ditch the magnecores?

nottooslow

Apr 3, 2005
arlington TX
i have been running magnecores for about 3 years, i got them when i rebuilt, how long do they last? the car gets about 200 miles a year now, but i probably have driven it 2000 miles since the rebuild (2004) i am just curious if they need to be replaced. i drove it "alot" right after the rebuild.

the website says they last a lifetime but i dont believe them. am i just paranoid or did i do it right the first time?

mike g

thanks for any info.

p.s. i have the lex/550's and about 13-15 psi of the goodness.
i also have the aeromotive fpr, walbro 255, safc2 and i beat the shit out of it for 1500 out of 2000 miles. when i say "beat the shit out of" i mean i dont worry about rebuilding, i beat the SHIT out of it. thats why i bought it.

supra love.

go fast. die

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
nottooslow said:
i have been running magnecores for about 3 years, i got them when i rebuilt, how long do they last? the car gets about 200 miles a year now, but i probably have driven it 2000 miles since the rebuild (2004) i am just curious if they need to be replaced. i drove it "alot" right after the rebuild.

the website says they last a lifetime but i dont believe them. am i just paranoid or did i do it right the first time?

mike g

thanks for any info.

p.s. i have the lex/550's and about 13-15 psi of the goodness.
i also have the aeromotive fpr, walbro 255, safc2 and i beat the shit out of it for 1500 out of 2000 miles. when i say "beat the shit out of" i mean i dont worry about rebuilding, i beat the SHIT out of it. thats why i bought it.

supra love.

go fast. die

paranoia

only time to change ignition wires is when they stop carrying current to the spark plugs or if they fail the ohm meter check.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I know my spark plug wires are old, but they're not cracking or coming apart, I just make sure to clean them very well since you can have issues with crap on them...

(horrible trick you cna do to someone is take a pencil and write on their spark plug wires)