wheel bearing??

SupraBro

hey guys, so i think my passenger side rear wheel bearing is shot, its loud and i can move the tire back and forth...im looking at the tsrm on how to do this but im just not understanding it at all. does someone have a better link on how to replace it and where would you guys get the wheel bearing at??? autozone said like 85 bucks for one wheel :aigo:

thanks for the help!!

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
They're big, expensive and have to be pressed out and back in. TSRM should have the procedure. I did mine many years back using the TSRM as my guide. A decent shop should be able to do it fairly inexpensively, aside from the cost of the bearings themselves...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Follow the tsrm to take it apart and then take it to a shop and hand a tech 20 bucks and have him press the bearings.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Google Tmken Bearings, go to thier website, download the catalog for your year, then find the Timken bearing and seal numbers, then google those numbers, it's the best way, and I seem to recall mine were pretty inexpensive, and thats for Timken, the only bearings I use. One other note, they have bearings for everything on our supras pretty much every year also.

SupraBro

the one i got was the timken....guys i need some help, im looking at the tsrm and i cant figure this out at all...i want to pull this off so i can take it to a shop in the morning so they can press this bearing....do you guys have a better link of how to remove??

thanks for the help!!!

Last edited:

SupraBro

so i got the guy to press in the bearing today and he said i needed the inside and outside oil seal....so i have that on order today and it should be in tomorrow, it was $14.45 for both ....my question is do they have to be pressed in to?? or can i do that at my house??? the guy was not to helpful on helping me he just pressed it and was like see ya...lol

thanks for the help!

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
It looks like the oil seal gets "tapped" in like many of the other car's oil seals. Just have to use a piece of pipe or equal-sized-object (to the seal) to push the seal in, as you tap with a rubber mallet. In the TRSM it's on page FA-13 (step 2).

Did you download a TRSM yet, or can you get to the Cygnus one?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Holy shit Brandon.....you still ain't got that thing back on the road? lol glad to see you at least got it out though. That T70 turbo setup I told you about, is gone as of this Sunday. Along with my Tokicos and lowering springs. Now I need to get my SAFC II or I might just say to hell with it and save up and go complete stand alone.

SupraBro

Satan;1631491 said:
It looks like the oil seal gets "tapped" in like many of the other car's oil seals. Just have to use a piece of pipe or equal-sized-object (to the seal) to push the seal in, as you tap with a rubber mallet. In the TRSM it's on page FA-13 (step 2).

Did you download a TRSM yet, or can you get to the Cygnus one?

thanks for the info!!! im going to download it tonight for shure, this hayne's book is no good compared to the tsrm for shure

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

91Supra313;1631516 said:
Holy shit Brandon.....you still ain't got that thing back on the road? lol glad to see you at least got it out though. That T70 turbo setup I told you about, is gone as of this Sunday. Along with my Tokicos and lowering springs. Now I need to get my SAFC II or I might just say to hell with it and save up and go complete stand alone.

haha....still working on the dam thing, nice meeting you man and cant wait to see what your going to do with the poopra!!! a standalone would be real nice with your setup for shure:naughty:

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

so i found out today that my hub is bad:: angry :: we went to press in the hud and it didnt sit tight to the inner bearing.....and i hve called every auto parts store and no one can get one......i guess im going to post in the wanted section to see if anyone has one laying around,

so if you have a rear hub please let me know!!!!

thanks