What's with the 1JZ throttle?

hockysa

Hey guys,

Tried searching but either I fail at it or its not there.

I have the non traction control throttle body (I think.. Doesn't have the badge but I'm new to 1JZs)

Sorry for the mass of questions just so many things to do with this new engine. Having fun though...

ANYWAYS! My question

My 1JZ TB have 3 slots on it, was this standard? Can someone please confirm what connected to it?

I'm assuming Accelerator pedal, Cruise control, Traction control? (doesn't look like a TRC TB)

Coz seeing as I'm converting from my 1986.5 MA70 the Cruise control connected to my Acc pedal, can I still hook it up like that or would it be best to connect it straight to the TB??

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I really appreciate it

.ben//

*edit*

pics
p1378566_1.jpg

p1378566_2.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
interesting. does it travel in reverse direction? from what ive seen they do have seperate throttle bodies for traction.
what first came to mind was maybe it was supposed to use the old mkiii auto transmission but i thought they went away with that on the jz's

hockysa

tlo86;1378636 said:
interesting. does it travel in reverse direction? from what ive seen they do have seperate throttle bodies for traction.
what first came to mind was maybe it was supposed to use the old mkiii auto transmission but i thought they went away with that on the jz's

i'll take a look tomorrow when i take it out.

but as far as i can tell when i was playing with it they all move the same direction.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I had the same TB on a supra mt clip. yes the all go the same direction. but on mine only one was carrying a cable. two were just spare not connected to anything, thats how clip came from Japan. I'm thinking they used same throttle bodies on other cars like chasers, mark IIs, crestas soarers and crowns with traction control.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
thats what my TB looks like, one went to the kick down cable for trans pump. one to cruise control

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
supra1008;1380409 said:
Wait so the cable from the 7m cruise control actuator will work on the 1jz?

I think I tried it a while ago and it wouldn't fit/reach.

It will reach you just have to swap out the connecting end as the 7M style will not work on the JZ TB for cruise control.

Different connecting end on the cables.

That's how it is on my car anyway!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
supra1008;1380409 said:
Wait so the cable from the 7m cruise control actuator will work on the 1jz?

I think I tried it a while ago and it wouldn't fit/reach.

I meant in reply to the pedal cruise control used on JDM cars.

hockysa;1380449 said:
I'm assuming I connect it to the pedal not the throttle?

Yes, leave it connected as factory, as the cruise control will work with the cable attached to any throttle body/engine in your case.