Whats the deal with a maft translator?

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
Hi well I was wondering what was the deal of using Maft translator. Can it be used on MkIII or do you have o use maft pro as well along with it??
thank you in advance

sincere regards
David Ulloa

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the translator is a plug and play unit, with not much for programming. the maftpro lets you fine tune it more.

bassically it lets gm sensors speak japanesse so works with the tccs. the gm maf sensor is less restrictive, and alot cheaper and easier to find. you can also run in a "blow thru mode" post turbo to let you run a bov that vents to air, not re-circ like stock

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The pro has more features and is worth getting. Can get boost and timing control all in 1 unit. .

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Neither is standalone and both are piggy back. 1 is basic and the other is complete. Maft pro is the way to go. Rhymes always work too.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
hvyman;1653900 said:
Neither is standalone and both are piggy back. 1 is basic and the other is complete. Maft pro is the way to go. Rhymes always work too.
Stand alone products... means they do not use or rely on each other to work.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Appears to be a miss-communication... thought I would try to clear up before if continues... See quotes below:

nightrider760;1653468 said:
what was the deal of using Maft translator. Can it be used on MkIII or do you have o use maft pro as well along with it??

mkIIIman089;1653888 said:
They are two completely stand alone products that do not (can not) connect or talk to each other.

I believe Colin was responding to the OP, stated "use the maft pro as well along with it??" when stated that they were stand alone products... meaning stand alone from each-other not the ECU...

hvyman;1653900 said:
Neither is standalone and both are piggy back. 1 is basic and the other is complete. Maft pro is the way to go.

It appeared that you were thinking stand-alone from ECU...

mkIIIman089;1654036 said:
Stand alone products... means they do not use or rely on each other to work.

See above... I think you and Hvyman just weren't on the same brain wave freq... I know typically when the term "Stand Alone" is used, it means a stand-alone controller in place of the TCCS...

Sorry didn't mean to jump in the middle and of course correct me if I am wrong... just thought it best if the miss-understanding didn't drag on for another page lol...