what's everyone's afr?

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
Running an aem wideband and getting a boost leak tester soon. cruising and under vacuum the car hovers around 14.5-15 and at idle stays around 14.7-14.9.

When I start building boost slowly the moment it goes past 0 sometimes it starts to go rich (12s) when I start building boost up to 5lbs - 7lbs sometimes it goes as rich as 10-11. Sometimes when I punch it real fast it stays around 13-14, and sometimes when punching it it goes rich real quick. Now my question is this normal?

I'm running stock fuel system, stock fuel pump, aluminum intercooler pipes, upgraded intercooler, intake, full 3 inch dp exhaust and high flow cat. The rest is pretty much stock.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Aside from the lag due to sudden contition changes (13-14 point you describe) That looks about where you want it. 14.7 is stoich and where the factory tune attempts to keep things.

My car is tuned and idle is 14.7+-, Cruise is leaned out slightly for mpg @ 15.2~ WOT is 11.5-11.8~

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
the thing is i'm not at WOT its when I start building boost and get out of vacuum, the moment its out of vacuum it goes to 11 on light throttle

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That is a little rich for light throttle, but it won't hurt anything. At 7psi, you would still want it richer than leaner. 11.6 - 12.0 @ 7psi is o.k.
Most people tune for about 11.6 or 11.8 somewhere in that range when boosting. 10 to 1 is a bit rich for such small amount of boost. It would probably run better if it was leaned out.
How old is your wideband? Do you know that it's reading correctly?

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
its relatively new, but when i first installed it I had a major exhaust manifold leak. Under light throttle and building boost the afr would read around 14. That's why I'm a little concerned because after fixing my exhaust manifold studs and everything sealed up the afr is reading rich. Drove around today on the highway and now the afr is around 12 under light throttle when building boost. Plus I pulled the efi to reset the ecu a few days ago so that might be the ecu relearning.

I've bought a boost leak tester and will test to see if there's any boost leaks, but it seems like it might be running normal and I'm just not used to it.