whats considered all options in an 86.5?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
For the USA: Hardtop would be base model, targa (sport roof) was optional, as was power driver's seat, leather interior, TEMS, headlight washers, limited slip differential, Super Monitor and the automatic transmission. The Sport Package included TEMS, headlight washers and limited slip differential. ABS wasn't available until 1987. The Supra never had T-Tops, and the Sunroof wasn't available from the factory until 1991.

Canada had limited slip differential as standard, while the Super Monitor was not available.

There were various dealer/port-installed options that would have been available (such as the ASC glass sunroof, and a rear spoiler), but these were not factory parts.

Jeff

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Jeff - Power driver's seats were an option? Does anyone have a picture of a manually adjustable driver's seat? I've never seen or heard of one before.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
emiliorescigno;1925930 said:
Jeff - Power driver's seats were an option? Does anyone have a picture of a manually adjustable driver's seat? I've never seen or heard of one before.

In my black leather interior 92 European Turbo (Germany market) I have power lumbar and side adjustments, but seat and backrest tilt are knob adjusted.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Rollus;1925942 said:
In my black leather interior 92 European Turbo (Germany market) I have power lumbar and side adjustments, but seat and backrest tilt are knob adjusted.

This would have been essentially the same seat we had without power seats as well. Power lumbar and bolsters, no power slide, height or recline. It is quite a bit lighter.

Non-powered seats were relatively rare in North America.

Jeff

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Jeff Lange;1925953 said:
Non-powered seats were relatively rare in North America.

Jeff

Wow I didn't know that. I took some pics for reference, my cars date code is FEB 1987. The seat is relatively light in weight.

p1925968_1.jpg

p1925968_2.jpg