What would cause my rpms to loop from 1200-2400

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I started up my aristo swap. The problem that Im having is the idle looping from 1200-2400 rpms. I suspect the iscv. my buddy told me to block it off and it should correct my idle. So i pluged the hose that comes out the back. Idle didn't change. any Ideas? Im heading up to work on my car tomorrow. So any help would be appreciated. Tps wouldn't cause this would it?

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
I would think blocking it would cause the car to die? (no more air). but the throttle plate stop screw might keep it slightly open.
what's your vacuum reading?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Not sure I'll check tomorrow. My car is 60 miles away.

Thought it might be a vacuum leak but I think I capped all the hoses. One of the hoses that run from one valve cover to the other is broken. I have them on order. Could that be a problem?

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
vacuum leak can be a bad runner-to-intake-manifold gasket. But I doubt it.
The hose running to the valve cover is for the pcv and shouldnt affect the vacuum, except for the one to the pcv valve. but your idle problem is probably something else

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Thanks Rufus! Now go back in your garage and play with your horse and carriage or what you call a 7m. I like time call them paper weights myself. I been reading for the last three hours and looks like th iscv is gonna be my focal point tomorrow.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Try unplugging it yet? Sounds like what mine would do when it was acting up, if you unplugged it, it would do exactly as you describe. ;)

Unless it is plugged in and doing this, in which case you might want to check your wiring...

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Fixed it! After the icv checked out good I turned to the tps. It was way out of wake. Adjusted it and bingo bango..... It ran smooth :icon_bigg

[video=youtube_share;Vq93fivpX04]http://youtu.be/Vq93fivpX04?hd=1[/video]

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Here what it ran like when the tps was out of specs. Just in case someone wants to see what it runs like out of specs.

[video=youtube_share;1hKt2RCyc38]http://youtu.be/1hKt2RCyc38?hd=1[/video]