What to do?

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
Well, my supra has been one big headache after another, but I still love her. My car had a blown hg so I replaced it and while puting it all back together I noticed that some of the turbo manifold bolts hioles were stripped so I got a heli coil kit and was hoping that that would fix it. Well, I had to go to school so one of my close friends said he would install the heli coils and what do you know? They are done wrong and the bolt holes are still stripped.(hence why I never let anyone touch my car until now and this just leads to me not wanting anyone but me work on her!)
-My question is, should I try and re heli coil it?
-Should I just buy a rebuilt head for around 450?
-Or should I just get a jdm motor and put in a mhg?

I just do not want to get my car all back together and find rod knock because my car had a bhg. I guess I could just get it all back together and then just check the bearings right? and check for rod knock?

Any advice would be appreciated because I do not have much time to work on my car since I am at school, I just do not know if it is better to work on her all winter and build her up, or try and get her running even though she might break my heart and break on me yet again?

Jon

Sorry for such a long post I just had a rough weekend with 2 family members passing and my car is still not done

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
Some more options are just take out my motor and rebuild the block that had the bhg. Now if I rebuild the block after a bhg I kow I need to have it cleaned and all so would getting a jdm motor and simply swaping the hg to a metal one be cheaper? I am just trying to figure out what to do. I know I want to stay 7m, I just do not know what to do. Thanks in advance because I do not want to waste my money when i do not need to.

Jon

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
slow down, take a deap breath.... take it to machine shop, they will know what to do.... then get a big stick to whack your friends over the head with. you don't need a mhg unless your going to have BIG power. Your rod knock will only come from not checking the oil (or other things that are beyond your control, and neither MHG or JDM can do anything to prevent that) hope this helped

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
yeah I have been trying to take deep breathes I am just so anxious to get my car on the road, but I do not want to mess it up and that is why I ask so many questions. As for the mhg, I am going to put it in so I can upgrade to a bigger turbo, when the funds come for that. I just needed to change it now and I had to replace it anyway. Now, my friend, yeah he got a nice whack, I couldn't be too mad since I did let him do it, even though he should have not done it unless he was sure he could do it. But thank you for the input, I just want my car all fixed so I can enjoy her.

Jon