What supporting mods are required for Upgraded CT-26 @ 12-14psi + FCD

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Hi All,

My Supra has the following done to it:
- 3inch turbo back exhaust
- Upgraded CT26 (I'm assuming slightly bigger trim than factory, nothing too crazy)
- HKS Fuel Cut Defender
- 270mm x 400mm x 100mm FMIC
- Cometic MHG (Yet to verify)
- MBC @ 10psi
- K&N Filter Factory Replacement

Now considering the above is done as far as the engine is concerned, what would I need to do in order to run the boost at 13-14psi as daily driven safely.

I have thought of a Fuel Pump, 550cc Injectors and check the supposed MHG?

Bit of background, I've had my heater tap by-passed and coolant has been drained flushed with all hoses replaced+ new clamps.

The car runs at between 74-82*C Max (165-180*F) depending on time of day, and outside temperature.

I also read in regards to the Lex AFM but since I have a HKS FCD I don't believe I need the Lex AFM.

Could someone clarify my queries above and point me in the right direction to safely running 13-14psi?

Thanks guys.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
gaboonviper85;1270701 said:
Fcd is gonna fuck yo shitz up! And the k&n filter will ruin your afm from the filter oil...

So far I see fail by the barrel!

LOL... I've had it that way for over 3 years at 10psi. So far no fail on 20+year old part???

But in regards to the FCD I'll still need to ensure that's definitely there as i've only been told that it's there, but the car hasn't hit fuel cut even when tuning my old HKS EVC IV when it does its pre-test at like 17-18psi to learn the boost curves it didn't bomb out. That run's only been done once or twice.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Thanks Suprahero and GTSFireFighter, reading both of those CKAnderson recommends about 12psi on Stage 2 which is before Fuel Pump and FPR.

See what I was planning on doing is testing at anything above 10psi on the Dyno to ensure AFR's are in check.

I know at 10psi they're in line with what they should be, but I didn't want to be a smart arse setting it to 11-12psi without having facts that Fuel system holds up with what is needed.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
This is a list of mods if you are looking at going to 400hp and up. Take this with a gain of salt. Some will like this and some will not

Recommended supporting mods needed to support Boss Series Turbo's.

High flow intake (Apex-i, Blitz, K&N, SS Intake Kit)
3" Mandrel bent cat back exhaust (RS-R, Blitz, Tanabe, etc.)
3" Test pipe (check state regulations) or cat (Random Tech, Vibrant, etc.)
3" Down Pipe and Elbow (RT, LIPP, Tanabe)
Walbro 255 fuel pump or larger
Fuel pressure regulator (Aeromotive, SS General Install)
550cc or larger injectors (RC, PT, SupraSport Custom 550cc )
LIPP or Lexus AFM upgrade with Apex-i Super AFC-2 or other similar engine management (MAFT-Pro / MAF Translator with GM Blow Through AFM, AEM-EMS, Greddy e-manage)
Wide Band o2 Sensor kit to monitor EXACT air & fuel mixture from exhaust After but closest to the turbo usually side by side with the stock o2 sensor (the stock o2 sensor system will need to remain installed and DO NOT TAP INTO THE STOCK SYSTEM the main computer still needs this, the wideband has its own controller) (NGK AFX, AEM UEGO, Innovate Motorsports)
Full intercooler hard pipe kit 2.5" or larger
Intercooler
Blow off valve (single or dual Bosch option will not be sufficient, should be on of the major brands)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
89jdm7m;1272606 said:
nobody mentioned tossing the afm for a hks vpc set up?

Too old and not enough tuning of the VPC itself without the GCC etc.

FCD.

USELESS if you take Greg's approach.

FCD should never be used anyway as if you are going that high, then you do the modding right.