What should I do?

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
A while back my car had an engine fire and torched some of my wiring harness, so I got on the forums and bought one off of a member here. The harness is in great shape, it was only a couple years old, still very flexable and the like. Anyways, I've been working on my car for months now and I finally got to the point where I can put the harness in. Everything is dandy, except for one thing, I have an automatic and I think the harness is for a manual. All the connectors match up it seems except the transmission conectors. Somehow I missed this fact up until now.

I have another problem, I am getting married on the 14th (that's not the problem, it's a blessing) and then moving 6 hours north of my current residence. I am going to be moving all my stuff up there on the 9th-11th though and will not be home to work on the car. I MUST have the car finished by the 13th so that we can use it to drive up the California coast for our honeymoon starting on the 14th right after we get married.

Now here are my questions? Is it possible to use the connectors I have off the old wiring harness and splice them into the new harness and then just leave the useless manual transmission connectors unattached, and if so should I do it?? Or should I buy a new harness from Toyota (and wait the couple days I don't really have for the harness to come in), and try and resell the manual harness on here?

Needless to say I'm pretty stressed. Please help.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I have one for a manual trans too, sorry.

I recommend buying one from Toyota on Monday if you can't find one used. If they have any in stock, they should be able to get it to you in 2 days, or find one for you, and have it ship from that parts warehouse.

Good luck.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
It's been a while since I looked into the price of a harness. Does anyone know what they run for new?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
holy hell, sorry i cant give any info but im sure itll be expensive direct from the dealer. consider selling your firstborn. or you could sell your right arm and left leg, since your car is an auto...