What red to go with?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I am getting ready to have my supra painted red. It is factory super red II. I want to go with a little bit of a darker red . Anyone have some good pics of there supra painted red so I can make up my mind. Paint codes would help too. Thanks. BTW, I like the red on this car, Does anyone know what code or paint.

Attachments

• Supra Red 1.JPG
    Supra Red 1.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 32

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
That looks stock...or could be stock.
We won't be able to tell from over here because cameras can make the color look different than what it actually is.
And then there are screens/monitors too--they can also greatly make colors look different than what they really are or what they would appear on a different screen.

I painted my car GM's Torch Red because I love vibrant colors, and Torch Red is the most vibrant off all the reds I compared--and I checked them all out.
You may know of this Torch Red because it is what came on the Corvettes--and Vettes have awesome colors!
You seem to not be going for the same effect as I was though.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Be very carefull when choosing colors. Try to look at a color swatch in different light conditions aswell. The best way is to use the color swatches that have a hole in the center so you can compare different shades together. It took me a good month before I chose the the right interior colors for my car, and even then I made some mistakes and had to re-dye some pieces. Now I have to worry about the exterior color like you. Colors are not easy to choose. Good Luck.

BTW... if you want a vibrant semi-dark red, go with Milano Red.